Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Help work experience in v.scary place!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Heyaz! Well, the thing is that I've got work experience in about a month and I got one of the most sought after placements-Legal. I got placed in Maidstone County Court! Fab!
One prob..I am sooo scared! It sounds babyish but I just don't know how I'm going to handle being in that kinda place. And what do you WEAR???
Also, I have to 'process simple court orders'. Woooo. If i do that, will I have to sign some kinda confidentiality agreement? It's for a week, any help MUCH appreciated!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't be scared- you'll do fine and it's only for a week.

Dress professionally. On the first day I would probably wear a skirt and shirt. Then see how everyone else is dressed and go by that for the second day. If they dress more casually then feel free to do the same.

It's also quite possible that "processing" is a fancy word for "filing". Work experience as a student tends to give you some of the worst possible jobs. Since they won't really trust you with anything important, it's not likely that you'll have to sign any confidentiality papers.