Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Had an interview but I think I messed up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Today I had an interview for a legal secretary but I think I messed it up. I totally got my words mixed up and my mind kept going blank. I didn't ask any questions that I had planned to asked becuase I forgot them. I feel like I have reduced my chances of getting the job by loads!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

Comments

• Options
    If you have, you know what not to do next time.

But you never know. People nearly always underestimate how well they did.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    If you have, you know what not to do next time.

But you never know. People nearly always underestimate how well they did.

Maybe. I had so many quesitions that I wanted to ask in the interview and I forgot them all. Is a good idea to write them down and take them into the interview so that you remember them?
  • Options
    ~kaz~ wrote:
    I totally got my words mixed up and my mind kept going blank.

Could be that they thought your pause between answer was so that you could consider you response first. That could actually be in your favour.
    I didn't ask any questions that I had planned to asked becuase I forgot them.

Tip of the day. Write them down and take the paper with you. Makes you look prepared and of course, means you don't forget them... (unless you leave the paper at home of course ;)
  • Options
    Definitely write your questions down on a sheet of paper, along with a few facts about the company you want to work for. You can then crowbar these facts into your interview answers.

Taking your time to answer questions isn't a bad thing, particularly with the job you went for this time. Solicitors are never the easiest people to secretary.
  • Options
    I had a job interview a couple of days ago, i thought/felt it was a good interview but i got a letter yesterday morning rejecting me, i trully believe it was because i was upfront and honest and told them about my bad back and one other little medical problem. Alway sthought being honest was a good thing but it really isnt. I'll never make that mistake again
  • Options
    Thanks for you advice. I have applied for a few more jobs so next time I get an interview I will be more prepared. I haven't heard back from that job yet but fingers crossed.
  • Options
    Today I heard back from the job and unfortunantly I never got it :(
  • Options
    I had an interview last year where I fell down the stairs! Didn't get it...
  • Options
    lol poor you. Well today I have another interview and I have another one on tuesday so hopefully.
  • Options
    ~kaz~ wrote:
    lol poor you. Well today I have another interview and I have another one on tuesday so hopefully.
    Good luck :)
  • Options
    Well learn from your mistakes, life is a learning process :) I don't think you ever stop learning about things! Unless your name is Yoda...good luck with your interviews!