Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Talking in sleep

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I talk in my sleep. Alot. I wake my fiancee a couple times every night mumbling stuff. Its funny but not funny enough that I want to continue doing it. Anybody know any way to control it? Or any tips?

Comments

• Options
    Don't know how to stop it but I do it and it seems to be not often but when it happens it seems to be always when i don't want it to!

I also have reoccuring "dreams" where I imagine there really are spiders in my bed and when I wake up I am talking and trying to get rid of them.

I always shout at people in my sleep-I did it last week when i dreamt the old man over the road was tellin me off!

So I'm of no use but I guess you can see you arent the only one and I would love to know the same info!
  • Options
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I do it. Apprently sometimes I will have covnerstations with people while asleep, or other time just talk balls.

I am that good. Really.
  • Options
    My cousin does that and we had to share a bed once. In the middle of the night she woke me up asking me if I wanted anything :eek2: I was like, oh aawwrite well actually now that you ask, I'm quite thirsty I could do with some water. Only when she didn't answer back and I looked over did I see she was fast asleep :yeees:

I have no idea why it happens, maybe bcuz you feeling a bit stressed/tense or anxious lately?
  • Options
    have you searched google? :D
  • Options
    My brother does it all the time. I sometimes can even have conversations with him, it's really funny
  • Options
    I talk every night in my sleep. In fact, I scream, I shout, I walk around and I usually end up hurting myself. But I only found out when I started sleeping with someone. I don't know how to stop it. It's just something that happens and I accept it and my partner has to accept it. Once I said in my sleep that I was going to meet a certain bloke off the internet on holiday. He wasn't too happy about it but what comes out of my mouth when I'm asleep is gibberish and doesn't mean a thing.
  • Options
    It is just like dreaming, you can't stop dreams.
  • Options
    My sister does this and when she does, I tend to laugh at some of the rubbish that she comes out with...
  • Options
    I tend to be so foul mouthed in my sleep, probably because customers wind me up so much and i cant tell them to f*ck right off, so it comes out in my sleep!!

My friends tell me about all the funny things i do in the night