Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Tired looking eyes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, this nay not sound serious but..

I constantly look like i havnt sleep at all, i have dark circles underneath my eyes and im only 20. I usually get plently sleep and have tried using nivea Q10 eye cream. Can anyone else suggest alternatives?

Thank you!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm the same- same age, same 'symptom' and have also tried that Q10 stuff! A complete waste. I'm told by my doctor that it can be hereditary and that some people will have tired-looking eyes even if they sleep forever. Dont waste money on these creams. I tried a body shop vitamin E one as well, it was equally useless.
    When I was punched in the face I found haemorrhoid ointment useful under the ol' eyes.

Apparently it's very useful because it tightens the skin, and my mum suggested it. I also saw it on "Miss Congeniality" so it must be a commonly used thing.
    :yes: Piles cream is fantastic! But it is generally more for bags, rather then circles.

For your cirlees, try this. It's fantastic! I wouldnt leave the house without it. Not sure about the rest of the Benefit eye products, as I'm not a big Benefit fan but I do know for certain that 'Oh La Lift' is rubbish :thumb:
    i'm the same. always been that way. i reckon it's because of my heritage, cause i've noticed a lot of eastern european people have dark circles.

anyway, i went through a stage of trying absolutely everything, and i never found anything that made them better. obviously drinking lots and getting lots of rest makes them look less obvious.

so these days i stick to make-up. boujois is my current brand of choice. the more expensive ones do nothing for me.
    What if you're a bloke with tired looking eyes (trust me, they look crap :( )

Don't fancy putting makeup on, really!
    Like I said in my earlier post, I'm told you can have a genetic predisposition to it. I sleep loads, drink loads of water etc and it never changes. Shows up horribly on photos I always find!