Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What to do, what to do :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I apoplogise as this will probably be very long.

I've been with my boyfriend for just over 2 years, during that time we have had our problems but we've always managed to get through it. He is 3 years and 2 months older then me, we started going out August 2003 he had just turned 18 and i was aproaching my 15th birthday.
We never realised how long we'd be together afterall we met on the net. But now he has turned 20 and im aproaching my 17th birthday im starting to get scared. We have just been on holiday together with my family, the first holiday we've been on together and i found it hard having to always think about what my bf wanted to do before i could do something as usually i could say "right i wanna do bowling, lets go." whereas this holiday it was more of a case of "i wanna bowl" he replied "i dont" and that caused problems when we wnated to do dirrent things. Anyway it made me realise i'm starting college in just under 2 weeks, i got this whole new chapter opening in my life new opportunities and i've started to feel trapped in this relationship, I still love him so much and i dont think i ever will stop loving him as he is my first love but at a time when all my peers are out having fun enjoying life and being young free and single im in a serious relationship worrying i'll never get my chance to be young free and single.
I been speaking to my bf on msn and told him how im feeling he said he knew something had been bothering me but now he's really upset and even crying i know he loves me and he loves me so much and now i feel like a right bitch for even telling him how i felt i meen i love him what kind of person wants to break up with the man they love people don't do that. If we did break up i would really like to remain friends even if it meant no contact for a while while we were both realing over the break up but we were friends before we were lovers and i would not want to ever lose that friendship but he said he couldn't be friends with me if we ever broke up, he said it would hurt too much. I feel so shitty now i just wanna cry i feel like such a bitch. and i'm scared that if i stay with him outta fear of what he might do if we broke up im sdcared that as time goes by i could resent him and i dont want that i care about him too much which is why i don't wanna hurt him. I want something that can make us both happy, why can't life be simpler!!!!!

(sorry about typos, lack of structure and everything else but i'm so confused right now i just had to get it all out)

Comments

• Options
    I'll try and say what i think in some sort of order.

Two years is quite a long time, especially at such a young age, and it's understandable to think "whoa" when you realise. I do even now, and I've been with my lass four years and we're married.

Holidays are stressful times, you learn a lot about your partner on holidays. Some people you can live with, and some people you can't. Holidays are a good way of finding out.

If you're feeling trapped you need to work out why. Is there still distance between you? Do you talk to each other as much? Do you take time just to be you two together?

It's natural to feel that grass is greener sometimes, it doesn't mean anything. It only means something if you realise you don't fancy the person you are with, and don't want to have sex with them anymore.

I don't think many people can be friends with exes. That's what happens. I wouldn't be friends with my wife if we split now.

I do suspect you know what you want to do, but you don't want to hurt anyone or make the wrong decision. You are more important, you need to look after yourself first. You're only young, relationships at that age come to a natural end. Could you imagine marrying this man?
  • Options
    from experience, no one should make you feel trapped in a relationship. i'm with my boyfriend to (try) and make his life better, not to hinder it. not sure if that makes any sense or not.
  • Options
    i think that it is possible to still be friends with exes but it does take a lot of time and work to overcome the awkward part after a relationship. i am best friends with my ex girlfriend and im happier thats shez my friend than my gf in a way i feel closer and i can tell her things i wudnt if were in a relationship