Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Nightly visits.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well for the last few nights i've been visiting the toilet a lot during the night. I haven't been drinking that much before bed, but one night i had to go 4 times! Usually i can sleep 8-10 hours without the urge. I don't have any other symptoms of a bladder infection, for example. What could it be? :eek2:

Comments

• Options
    may be you are drinking more diuretics than usual?!
    ... drinks like coke for example... they'll make you want to pee more than usual.
  • Options
    Not to worry you,but I read somewhere (I think it was the Babysitters club actually...) that when you have to pee a lot through the night,it's a sign of diabetes. That may be utter pish though,sorry :blush:
  • Options
    I have been drinking mostly water, so no coke. Yeah i heard that about diabetes too, but i'm not overly thirsty or obese, which are 2 warning signs.
  • Options
    Hesitate to say it but could you be pregnant?
  • Options
    k@tie wrote:
    Not to worry you,but I read somewhere (I think it was the Babysitters club actually...) that when you have to pee a lot through the night,it's a sign of diabetes. That may be utter pish though,sorry :blush:

That was in yesterday's episode of Scrubs!

Last night I had a dream that someone had bought me a kitten, a kitten that could understand human language. Amazing! Happy days..
  • Options
    Get it checked out by your GP if it lasts longer a week or so. I started out with nocturnal frequency, and then it started happening in the day and now I'm under the care of a urologist. It isn't normal to need to pee that often.
  • Options
    I doubt i'm pregnant, i take the pill every day without fail and only ever have sex using condoms (no slips or breakages yet).
    Last night though i slept the whole night without getting up, so i'm hoping its over now. It lasted probably about 4 days, it worried me a bit.
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    That was in yesterday's episode of Scrubs!

Clearly the Scrubs scriptwriters have been reading The Babysitters Club books then! :yes:
  • Options
    satehen wrote:
    I doubt i'm pregnant, i take the pill every day without fail and only ever have sex using condoms (no slips or breakages yet).

Well that's unlikely then. Pregnancy is the only thing that's ever had that effect on me, that's all, although it's obviously not the only possible cause.
  • Options
    Herbal teas such as nettle tea will make you pee lots :yes:
  • Options
    Could have been the start of a water infection that your body has fought off.
  • Options
    Yeah it is a sign of diabetes, but you have to be thirsty like constantly or something...

I've been waking up a lot in the night to go and been tired a lot during the day. Maybe there's a bug going round.