Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Extras

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anybody else been enjoying this TV series?

Sad that it's finished, it was one of the few comedies these days that said things other comedies won't and that was sophisticated and genuinely funny. I shall miss it dearly.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I thought it was a pretty good series, think i enjoyed it more than The Office (haven't watched it for a while though...)

I think Ricky Gervais has signed up for a second series of Extras though.
  • Options
    I thought this series was pretty hit and miss to be honest. The last episode was pretty funny, but there were quite a few tumbleweed moments throughout the series. I think it was a victim of it's own hype. I mean, you couldn't switch on the TV or radio and not find Gervais chatting away to his good old pal Wossie about his 'hilarious new TV show'.

And as for that so called 'Comedienne' Catherine Tate, well, the less said the better.
  • Options
    Agreed. Extras just isn't that funny. Maybe the problem we have with it is that we're so used to the high standard of The Office we were expecting it from this. I loved The Office, it was pure genius and I luahged my tits off at every moment. I also think the problem with Extras is that the programme focuses around only two main characters whose personalities and friendship aren't very believable. With the Office there was at least one person who was like someone you knew in real life. It just doesn't click together like The Office
  • Options
    Jeffie wrote:
    And as for that so called 'Comedienne' Catherine Tate, well, the less said the better.
    I thought Catherine Tate did some amusing sketches actually. She's quite intelligent.

And I liked how Extras commented on society and our views on things such as political correctness. It said things that normally don't appear on the squeeky clean BBC. It's not the sort of comedy that is for everyone though.
  • Options
    HunnyPot wrote:
    Agreed. Extras just isn't that funny. Maybe the problem we have with it is that we're so used to the high standard of The Office we were expecting it from this. I loved The Office, it was pure genius and I luahged my tits off at every moment. I also think the problem with Extras is that the programme focuses around only two main characters whose personalities and friendship aren't very believable. With the Office there was at least one person who was like someone you knew in real life. It just doesn't click together like The Office

I think you are exactly right - was such a disappointment, even Ricky Gervais stand up was better than this
  • Options
    I quite liked it, but I only saw half the episodes cause I'm a bit forgetful , but I enjoyed the ones I saw.
  • Options
    two thirds was funny, Gervais is still the best comedy writer around, look at the most of the rubbish the bbc broadcasts and calls comedy.