Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

i dont believe it

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey all id really like some advice, as i type i havent slept for 24hours and i just cant sleep!

well heres the deal. About a year ago I met a gal and completely and utterly fell for her, as in my biggest crush ever. I really liked her, shes just so perfect for me, but it was not to be, because even though she (kinda?) gave signals etc. she had a boyfriend, so i gave up and moved on. We are still friends but i rarely see her because of college timetables etc. Well my friends hosted a party last night, and when i arrived late this girl quite literally jumped on me (a little drunkly), but about 5mins later mentioned this "im not coming onto you, i just really like hugging you"

Then when we were sitting talking, she randomly started complimenting me and said "you've always been my favourite, and you know if i wasnt gay you'd be first on my list, at least i think im gay, im not really sure"

well, to put it lightly, i was damn shell shocked. she likes me? shes gay?! WTF?! Well, because by nature im a total dipstick, i came back with a crappy "well you'd be my number one if, you know..." to which she cut in "you found me attractive, yeh its ok, we're at an understanding i guess". I tried to hit back with "no no..." but i got drowned out by our friends...

On further research it turns out her last boyfriend was a complete dick, so much so that he made her rethink her sexuality, but aparently shes not decided. what do i do? i mean when we were together last night all the feelings came rushing back, and after the above convo we were swaying to the music in eachothers arms, well, she kept kissing me all up my neck and grabbing my er derier... lets just say i had to think "dead puppies dead puppies" Im willing to put it down to her being drunk, but like what do i do? try to restore her faith in men? give up again?

btw for the record, im a hopeless romantic. thanks in advance for your help

Comments

• Options
    Oh shes playing games trying to mainpulate you with her so called sexuality.Id give up unless you want to be trodden all over.
  • Options
    hey yeh thats the first thing i thought when i got home, but all of her friends (who i trust a great deal) are adament that shes not just saying it for the sake of. I mean maybe its my romanticism/naivity, but we were very close friends at one point, i dont think shes the manipulating type? maybe she is...

thanks for your advice
  • Options
    She was drunk!
    Shes playing you something terrible because she knows that you probably still like her.Shes trying to turn you on with the idea of her being a lesbian.Id imagine she would also be the type to kiss/sleep with you then turn round and say "oh im sorry this just isnt the right time for me/id like to just stay friend/etc etc". And shes doing this all because she loves the attention.
    Woman are manipulative cows.And i would know because im a woman.
  • Options
    At the end of the day, if you want to try and give it a go with her, then go head - would you want to be thinking in a few years time "what if". But she was drunk, and people say alot of things when there drunk. But just do what you think is right.
  • Options
    I totally agree with briony here, a few months/years down the line you could be thinking " what if ", you need to risk it all to achieve the highest of goals, and I'd have a serious ( sober ) chat with her and see what she thinks of her whole antics that night, and take it from there really.
    Its quite difficult to give advice on a situation like this.
    Good Luck,
    Jez
  • Options
    If she's come out of a relationship with a nsaty guy and hence wants to become a lesbian maybe she needs some non-relationshippy companionship at the moment. I don't know; a lot of people seem to be obsessed with being in a relationship and 'need' the attention. My advice would be to take it slow, talk and hang out as friends and not make any moves until you're sure what's going on.