Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Girls - is it easier to fall in love with a bad boy then a nice guy?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well, is it?

Seems to me more young girls (talking between ages 15-24 roughly) seems to fall for/want to go out with the bad boy more often then the nice guy. Why do you think this is so? :chin:

I mean you sort of know what the end outcome will be with a bad boy right? You will not have changed him and you'll most likely end up hurt. Is the excitment that a bad boy brings you better then the hurt that comes at the end of the relationship?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nah, I'm 15, and my boyfriends a real softy. I've never been attracted to bad boys.. yeah, he might be fit, but if you've seen how he treats other girls, theres no point going there. Nice guys are more devoted, and its nice to have some control in a relationship :D

(However, my bf seemed like a complete hardbey when I first met him - beating people up, taking drugs, etc etc. So, I suppose hes a bit of a stud muffin - everyone who meets him is a little intimidated, but really hes my squishy lil pickle.)
    When i was about 13-14, i used to love bad boys, someone who was hard etc, but now iv grown out of that and realised what cheating wankers they are (sorry about the language) and that a lot of decent people look down on them. Iv now got myself a real nice boy who's everything iv ever wanted and we've been together 9 months. From now on its nice boy all the way, not that i need anyone else now.
    Girls do like nice guys they just dont like guys they can walk over.

So the answer would be they would like best a "tough" or bit naughty "nice guy" , EG an ex marine who does volenter work with the homeless/disabled, they dont like guys who are so nice that others take advantage off.

Bad boys can be real arsholes, what about a guy that was nice to people but not so nice that they took advantage that the bad boys respected,

And of course someone so "bad" that there a real nasty piece of work is generally not considered attractive,

So its the bad boy with a careing side which is pobablt best.
    i'm 15, and i've never liked bad boys. They can be such big-headed arseholes. Nice guys are so much better.
    You really thought about that didn't you hehe bless :)
    squeal16 wrote:
    You really thought about that didn't you hehe bless :)

What me you mean,
    I worked this out sometime ago and its only been renforced since.
    Aparently experements weredone with on line dating profiles and the women liked best guys that had something (ie a good job werea DJ's etc) and did volenteer work got the best responces.

With all cliches such as "women dont like nice guys" theres some truth you have to look beyond them for the real answer.
    My boyfriend was definitely a bad boy when i first met him, but not in the sense that he cheated on me, i have tamed him a little, yeah sometimes things get a bit crazy but he is so spontaneous and nuts I just love it and it keeps it interesting, yeah he might not be the guy I marry and I may get hurt but anyone can get hurt, just because u are with a ‘nice guy’ doesn’t give u a free pass to happiness! lol :D

I guess opposites attract as I am a good girl and even though he gets in fights sometimes, it is just a front most of the time, i think with bad boys, there are like two sides to their personality, if you touch their hearts enough, they may just change for you but i am not kidding myself here, i am 23 and if it goes pear shaped so what, end of! lol :p

So ill be heart broken for a while but ill get over it and jezz i have that much faith in me to meet someone new one day! :chin:

xx
    I think its easier to fall in lust with a bad boy and in love with a nice guy.
    I use to like the tough/bad boy image when i was 15/16. Guess, it was to make me friends jealous it wasn't 'cool' to go with a genuine sweet guy. He had to be gorgegous/rugged and risky. etc, etc.

Anyways, now that I'm a little grown up. I prefer the good boy, who is sweet, affectionate and loveable. And not that keen on guys who play games and always trying to act tough to try and prove a point.
    vikki1825 wrote:
    I think its easier to fall in lust with a bad boy and in love with a nice guy.

Lol exactly what I was going to say - also that people want bad boys because you always want what you can't/shoulnd't have - a bit like chocolate cake really.
    nah bad boys are nasty! total fakes! and put alot of pressure on from my experience. I have the perfect boyfriend now, hes lovely! not a total softy, but he doesnt put on a front either!
    I dont like bad boys as such but in a relationship i need a guy who can hold his own and look after me.
    At least you know what your getting with a bad boy,nice guys are a bit more difficult to gage,you can guarentee that at some point in time there going to reveal some really ugly side..
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Nice is boring.
    Weekender Offender 
    nice isnt boring, atleast their not knob heads and dont care more about their image than their girlfriend!
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    billybob87 wrote:
    nice isnt boring, atleast their not knob heads and dont care more about their image than their girlfriend!

Well I think you need to define badboy.
    Weekender Offender 
    Actually I think intelligence and courage are both pretty sexy. If by a 'bad boy' you mean a delinquent I don't think I'll bother. If by a 'bad boy' you mean somebody unconventional, dirty and tattooed... hell yeah!

I don't really have a conventional opinion on what 'love' is, but I'd not find your all around nice clean living guy compatible as I'm not like that at all.
    I dont think its fair to say that every girl goes through a faze of going out with a bad boy, I did when I was 15/16 but my sis has got a real softy and she's 16.

I went out with one cos all my friends were, he was fit and we seemed to get on for a while. I knew it wouldnt last, I didnt say I loved him once.
    What exactly is a 'bad boy'?
    Nice is bland ... I'd describe a boring holiday with the family at 15 as 'nice'

I think people on these boards only see in black and white ... its not one or the other, council estate reprobate or meek, pleasant, mummy's boy! Shades of grey!
    Harmless wrote:
    Well, is it?

Seems to me more young girls (talking between ages 15-24 roughly) seems to fall for/want to go out with the bad boy more often then the nice guy. Why do you think this is so? :chin:

I mean you sort of know what the end outcome will be with a bad boy right? You will not have changed him and you'll most likely end up hurt. Is the excitment that a bad boy brings you better then the hurt that comes at the end of the relationship?

Probably because of the excitement value and evolutionary function.
    I want a nice guy, but I want him to be sexy, kinky and not scared to fight me.
    I dont want someone whos horrible to me, if thats what bad boy means, but I want someone whos been about a bit. Whos done enough stuff that I dont look like a delinquent myself next to him.
    Zella wrote:
    I want a nice guy, but I want him to be sexy, kinky and not scared to fight me.

thats what my bf's like :)
    Skive wrote:
    Nice is boring.
    Isn't it just.

Nice people annoy me. My last proper boyfriend was "nice". At first it was great, 'cause he never argued with me, he always did what I said, he was always buying me stuff and catering to my every whim. But then I realised that him not arguing with me ever was boring as hell (and I used to be HORRIBLE to him to try and get him to argue with me). He never objected with my constantly biting and scratching him (what can I say, I'm a bit kinky when I want to be :angel: ;p). He was boring and annoying and ARGH.

I want someone who's gonna argue with me, disagree with some of the stuff I say, not let me get away with murder, take the piss out of me a bit (a BIT). But someone who cares about me and would defend me etc. Who isn't gonna screw me over. Yes.
    Girls don't dislike "nice" people, they dislike boring people. It's the same with anyone, I like a woman who is pleasant and caring to me, but will do something surprising or tell me to fuck off when I'm being a dick.

"Nice" people won't say boo to a goose. Being pleasant should be as standard, it shouldn't be the defining aspect of your character. If it is then you are boring, and boringness is not an attractive character trait.

I think younger girls like the "bad boy" image of cheating and womanising because they like a good crisis. They like it when it goes wrong cause they get loads of attention from their friends.

As for the rest of the "bad boy" image, people who are sure of themselves are attractive, that is a fact. Arrogance isn't so attractive, but someone who has a lot of confidence and will fight back is very attractive.

As I said, people who's entire character is based on being nice are dull. Dullness is unattractive.
    i think some people are confusing the term "nice" with "pushover"
    Blah wrote:
    i think some people are confusing the term "nice" with "pushover"
    But people who's main character trait is "nice" are boring. Being pleasant should come as standard, it is nothing that a person should use to define themselves.

Those who use "nice" to define themselves do tend to be pushovers.
    Not trying to seem like a bastard, but this thread really made me laugh.

For one thing, I obviously have to agree that you can't define someone as either a bad boy or a nice guy, especially if being nice would be their only quality. If you're giving the choice of a bad boy (meaning half way towards criminal) and a nice guy (pushover), if I was a girl, I'd kill myself.

The attractive quality in the bad boys you talk about is their confidence and alpha male characteristics, but if this always ended in heartbreak, no one would go for them. And there's no sacred writing that a guy can't be an alpha and have good intentions.

The distinction between lust and love mentioned earlier (brace yourself), is complete bollocks, purely arbitrary semantics. You can't define the different types of attraction between the opposite archetypes using concepts that everyone defines differently. Maybe the lust/love distinction works with your definitions, but you can't guarantee anyone else will understand the point you're making.

And to the well thought out definitions of a bad boy with a heart and nice guy with a dodgy past, although I admire the depth of the argument, you can't even begin to divide people up into categories like that. That's one step away from believing there are only 12 types of people in the world (horoscopes... don't get me started). It might work for a few examples, but if you tried to apply it to the real world... good luck.

Sorry to anyone who's offended by my bluntness, but if you don't like what I say, then ignore me.