Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why are men bastards??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, then, most men...although personally I have yet to meet one that isn't.

I have had ONE proper relationship & he was a complete tosser, so I don't see him anymore (he left me when I was pregnant, what a nice lad)

I have met several guys but even when they DO show an interest in me, it fizzles out, mostly within days, and then they decide they don't wanna see me anymore.

In fact, I even went onto a dating website, and met someone nice on there, but again, WHAT A TOSSER!!!

So, come on guys, what is it that attracts you to a girl? Why do you find it so easy to let girls down and not even care??

Comments

• Options
    Ok, then, most men...although personally I have yet to meet one that isn't.

Not all men are bastards, 80% of them are but the other 20% are just stupid.
  • Options
    I'm only initially a bastard, I'm really quite lovely once you get to know me.
  • Options
    Sorry you've had bad experiences. Do you allow yourself to be treated badly, or maybe you attract the wrong sort of guy? There are nice guys out there, hope you find one :)
  • Options
    So you've based your judgement of billions based on your experience of 6 or 7 lads? Could it be that its your choice of fellas and not the whole male sex that's wrong?

You made some bad choices, happens to everyone, have a whinge if it helps but don't get caught up in self pity because that is definitley not attractive!
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote:
    There are nice guys out there :)

You need to know how to tell the difference between the bastards and the stupid ones, because it's us stupid ones who are the nice ones if you get to know us.
  • Options
    you've just had a couple of bad experiences.
    but personally, i rekon most men are only interested in sex.
  • Options
    I didn't mean to cause argument - I guess u could just say that I'm pissed off with the way I have been treated lately. I haven't gone into full details here (and won't do either) but I have had a bad time with men.

I dunno maybe it IS just me - I could just attract them lol!

And I know there are nice fellas out there - I see them every day in town...with thier lovely girlfriends :(

I suppose I'm just a bit envious with those girls with the nice men. It must be nice to be treated like a lady lol
  • Options
    I didn't mean to cause argument - I guess u could just say that I'm pissed off with the way I have been treated lately. I haven't gone into full details here (and won't do either) but I have had a bad time with men.

I dunno maybe it IS just me - I could just attract them lol!

And I know there are nice fellas out there - I see them every day in town...with thier lovely girlfriends :(

I suppose I'm just a bit envious with those girls with the nice men. It must be nice to be treated like a lady lol

Ok, how do you expect to be treated? Give a few specifics.
  • Options
    otter wrote:
    you've just had a couple of bad experiences.
    but personally, i rekon most men are only interested in sex.

yeah, like most women are only interested in £££, the flash cars and gucci handbags.........sad old world innit :rolleyes:
  • Options
    apollo_69 wrote:
    yeah, like most women are only interested in £££, the flash cars and gucci handbags.........sad old world innit :rolleyes:
    no. seriously. i was just showing a bit of empathy. it is a huge generalization to make, but its the only experience i've had... therefore its only waht i know. thats just the way it is imo.
  • Options
    otter wrote:
    no. seriously. i was just showing a bit of empathy. it is a huge generalization to make, but its the only experience i've had... therefore its only waht i know. thats just the way it is imo.

yes but you're not empathising, you're reinforcing a misunderstanding.........of course men like sex, as far as i'm aware that's not a sin........there's no genetic coding that says men can't see past a quick shag, it's more to do with the culture we live in.......a lot of the rhetoric is down to looking macho in front of your mates, when you find a girl you love sex is just an expression of that, not the be all and end all........imo.
  • Options
    apollo_69 wrote:
    yes but you're not empathising, you're reinforcing a misunderstanding.........of course men like sex, as far as i'm aware that's not a sin........there's no genetic coding that says men can't see past a quick shag, it's more to do with the culture we live in.......a lot of the rhetoric is down to looking macho in front of your mates, when you find a girl you love sex is just an expression of that, not the be all and end all........imo.
    you might be an alright guy yourself then... but........... i've not met you. :p
  • Options
    apollo_69 wrote:

I've said it before, I'll say it again, I'm a bloke and yet sex, to me, isn't remotely important. If my girlfriend decided the only occasions we'd have sex in future would be specifically to produce children then that wouldn't deter me from staying with her. Besides, I hear that's what marriage is like.
  • Options
    otter wrote:
    you might be an alright guy yourself then... but........... i've not met you. :p

well, thanks, but it's not like i'm the only one out there.........
    ginner wrote:
    I've said it before, I'll say it again, I'm a bloke and yet sex, to me, isn't remotely important. If my girlfriend decided the only occasions we'd have sex in future would be specifically to produce children then that wouldn't deter me from staying with her. Besides, I hear that's what marriage is like.

:lol: ......i wouldn't say sex is unimportant, in fact quite the opposite, just that it's more about the girl then how quickly i can get her into bed......and i think sex drive does slow down after marriage, makes biological sense if you think about it.........
  • Options
    my theory is that everyone is a bastard. men, women, everyone.

the trick to a successful relationship is to find someone with their inner bastardness in ways that doesn't bother you as much.
  • Options

Yeah and then they get bored of Mr Nice treating them like a princess all the time so they cheat on him with the sort of chaps you are complaining about, women are funny old things and the grass is always greener on the other side.

:p
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    my theory is that everyone is a bastard. men, women, everyone.

the trick to a successful relationship is to find someone with their inner bastardness in ways that doesn't bother you as much.

Yep, I agree totally.

When I first saw this thread, I almost steamrollered in with the intention of pointing out that my last 2 girlfriends have cheated on me.

Then thought, hang on, it's one of those

All Men are bastards
    All women are bitches
    Not all men are bastards
    Not all women are bitches
    Yeah some are nice, just some people are nasty
    Some words of wisdom, internet links to various other websites eg the ladder theory
    http://www.intellectualwhores.com/masterladder.html

And was going to let this thread go that way as well... but felt I had to vent a little
  • Options
    *raises glass*

Ladies and Gentlemen, you're all cunts!