Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Tobacco substitute in a joint?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Basically, I've quit smoking and am doing pretty good... Anyway, it's my mate's Birthday coming up and we hope to have a chong. What can I use instead of tobacco in a joint? Somebody said that the 'superskunk' herbal high would work...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I wouldn't waste my time with substitutes I wouldn't be too worryed about a few joints with baccy in if you've quite smoking, it won't make you fiend for nicotine.
    I know quite a few people who've stopped smoking whilst still smoking joints with baccy in daily and then had days without smoking anything no problem.

I think you'll be okay as long as you don't think of it as smoking a cig, just smoking a joint! :thumb:
    I wouldn't mind too much, you're not likely to get addicted to tobacco by smoking a few joints now and again, plus tobacco brings the taste out of hash better.
    I smoked dope for 2 years without becoming addicted to fegs, I really don't think it'll make you addicted again.
    kobraski wrote:
    but becoming addicted is a very different thing to becoming addicted again...

good point!
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    And besides that, Moonrat was asking if anyone had a recommendation about what else could be mixed in...
    Cant you buy those herbal tobacco substitutes in health food shops? I dont know how they taste but it might be worth investigating.
    dried cannabis leaves make quite a pleasant alternative, but they're not readily available unless your a homegrower..........having said that nothing really beats the carcinogenic high of a little bit of baccy with your weed, i can always taste the difference.....
    Iv tried them ,thers no substitute for the taste and hit (or sharpnes) of tobaco your best off having the skunk in a pipe, or you literally might as well dry some leaves from your back garden.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    oregano?
    Weekender Offender 
    You can use tea too apparently, but its supposed to taste vile.
    or you could get those blunt tubes, and then just use pure grass. Either that or smoke a little pipe.
    Thats what I do, because I cant handle tobacco at all.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Cant you buy those herbal tobacco substitutes in health food shops? I dont know how they taste but it might be worth investigating.
    Like dead fish heads. It's called 'Honeyrose' I think.

Ilora x
    I asked a friend of mine last night and they are smoking NQT (Not Quite Tobacco?) at the moment to help them stop smoking, I think they got them from Holland and Barrat. It was said they are marginally better than the others on offer...
    But whats the health bonus of this 'near tobacco' over ordinary stuff? Has it no nicotine?
    It is a herbal blend, the name is just marketing AFAIK - anyway according to my friend it should be called NFT - not fucking tobacco..... So no, no nicotine, and you still smoke it so no health benefit.
    Hmm, I'm not sure I can really see the point then, I guess whatever works.
    It is all about the oral fixation and breaking that habit I guess. In Moonrat's case, though, it is so she doesn't smoke tobacco, which is a good idea...
    L
    lime tea is supposed to be good. I do like a nice menthol fag in a joint though. How do I delete that last post, had a bit of a fuck-up?
This discussion has been closed.