Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Moianing clergyman whines that police were slow to turn up

Story.

What is he whingeing about? The car wasn't going to wait five minutes for the police to arrive, so why should the police drop everything and rush to assist him?

He shouldn't have double-parked either. I wouldn't go so far as to suggest he deserved it, but he should learn to obey the rules of the road and this wouldn't happen.

Still, the whining God-botherer has got his mug in the paper. He should be happy.

What is it about the clergy and moaning?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote:

i guess its force of habit, no wait, thats nuns

*forget the bad pun*
    But they could all have died!

It doesnt really say how serious this was, although the man seems to think it was very serious and he looked death square in the face.
    He must have been really priest off...
    Aladdin wrote:
    He must have been really priest off...

10/10 :)
    Kermit wrote:
    Still, the whining God-botherer has got his mug in the paper. He should be happy.

I presume you mean 'clergy' from any religon?
    Yes, but the Church of England seem to specilaise is moaning about things.

First the retard rector shoving her nose in where it wasn't wanted, and now this whinger. He should have moved his car.
    Well done, Ned Flanders.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Ugh. He shouldget more respect, he is doing God's work...

Why doesn't he jsut ask God to strike the man down? Or just shut up. Police wouldn't move faster for anyone else. Why should they for him?
    Bit of a non-story isn't it? if the BBC decides to have a story everytime the police are late and don't catch the criminal its going pretty soon overload the server.
    I remember when my friends and I had a gun pointed at us because we wouldn't get in a car. I phoned the police... They turned up forty five minutes later to take a statement.
    Hmm whatever happened to turn the other cheek? Guess for modern clergy the only principle that matters is to turn the other checque. ;)

As for the incident, I'd be willing to bet his "rammed the car" amounted to little more than a bumping of fenders. Course such truths don't make good mainstream press non-stories now do they?
    There are three publicly recognised theatres of moaning:

1. Alex Ferguson
    2. Middle-class students
    3. The Church

I was once mugged at knifepoint and had to take myself to the police station in the middle of the night to get a report filled because the rest of the force was covering Cardiff city centre. A 45-minute wait is unacceptable and the prick who rammed his car deserves a "quiet word in their ear" but to throw a huff like that when the police did eventually get around to doing far more than they ever did for me, or many other victims of crime for that matter, smacks of wrath. One of the deadly sins I believe..........

Sorry, was I moaning? ;)
    NQA wrote:
    Bit of a non-story isn't it? if the BBC decides to have a story everytime the police are late and don't catch the criminal its going pretty soon overload the server.

Then they can spend the fee's we pay for licensing on a better server. see? Not a waste of cash.
    Police have far more important things to attend to, like eating donuts. We called them out for threats / trespassing etc. etc. and they still haven't arrived. The same people forced their way into the house next door and locked the 11 yr old girl who was there in a cupboard whilst they teased her and threw her clothes in puddles etc. Perhaps funny, but the police still haven't turned up.

In the end my mum smacked one of the guys with a piece of metal piping and we haven't seen them since. Lesson for life: if you get grief, just smack the guy, because the police won't do fuck all.

Point is, though you all find it funny, the police are stupidly slow in responding to incidents. If I got attacked right now, even if I phoned 999 they wouldn't turn up until well after the incident was over, and I was potentially dead. What's the use of CCTV cameras to watch everything if you can't do anything about it.
    "He could have killed us, he could have killed my kids, he could have killed any of us."
    The clergyman, his wife and one child received superficial injuries.

Why is it that the words "Drama Queen" suddenly come to mind?
    Braineater wrote:
    There are three publicly recognised theatres of moaning:

1. Alex Ferguson
    2. Middle-class students
    3. The Church

:confused:

You're a Man City supporter?
    You consider yourself hard done by?
    You're not keen on religion?
    I hope the asshole who rammed the car later drove off a bridge.:mad:
    I hope the asshole who rammed the car later drove off a bridge.:mad:

I hope they both drive off bridges.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I hope they both drive off bridges.

i wish neither had given a shit in the first place
    Maybe if the clergyman had just moved his car from a position that wasn't obstructing the other driver, or went and had a word saying "Look old chap, we're just gonna get out then we'll be out of your way". Honestly, no one speaks to each other any more. There's a lot to be said for looking someone in the face and chatting, removes the chances of misinterpretation.
    The police around in my area are disgusting in my opinion... Of course not every single police officer... But from what's happened to me and friends, I think my opinion is justified. Like when they took my mate in and questioned him for suspected pedophilia (which nothing has come of)... Now this guy is autistic mind...

They put him in a room and leant over him, imposing his space. They asked him if he was gay and he said "no" and they said "well what does that mean then?" and he said "it means I like women". He was interviewed without a soliciter or a social worker... Lucky he knew his rights.

Another woman I know was raped and they didn't do anything. In the next county a guy was beaten up in the cells. They didn't wanna know when I was spiked in a club either. Didn't help when my brother's flat was broken in to... My friend was attacked by a hammer and nothing was done even though we didn't start the fight...

And these are the people who we pay to keep on the job. In my area... The very same police force that had to let a lot of people go from the job because they were exposed on national televsion as racists who said they joined the police to beat up *****.
    MoonRat, I think it's much the same in a lot of places. I just don't think the police are a good protective force anymore, they're ineffective and overstretched. They act at best as a deterrant.
    el_bertie wrote:
    Maybe if the clergyman had just moved his car from a position that wasn't obstructing the other driver, or went and had a word saying "Look old chap, we're just gonna get out then we'll be out of your way". Honestly, no one speaks to each other any more. There's a lot to be said for looking someone in the face and chatting, removes the chances of misinterpretation.
    truth.