Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Interview Help!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I handed my CV in to ELLE today and immediately got an interview for Monday.
I haven't had an interview for a while and am like, so nervous.

What sort of questions should I ask at the end? Any help/advice would be great.

Thanks, Ilora x

Comments

• Options
    if theres anything u wana know ie uniform pay shift times incentives policies pensions ect ask about them otherwise just say 'no i think you covered everything perfectly thankyou'
  • Options
    Uniform / dress code
    Working hours
    Pay - weekly or monthly
    Availability of overtime (makes you look keen!)
    How many other members of staff they have (this always impresses interviewers it makes you look ultra interested)
    Shift pattern
    Opening hours inc Sundays, Bank Holidays etc
    Holiday entitlements
    Possibility of career advancement
    Parking (if appropriate depending on whether you drive and location of the store)
  • Options
    Ooh wow that's brilliant, thanks :hyper:

God, I'm so nervous! :crazyeyes

Ilora x
  • Options
    Good luck!

What position is it? (Though who cares, free magazines I assume? :p)
  • Options
    Also ask information about the company not just about how much money you get - I'm assuming its for the clothing store so ask things like - how often do the collections change, who its owned by - who does the designing - where the clothes are sourced from etc etc. You could also ask if they have an ethical sourcing policy.
  • Options
    Part time sales assistant. Although I'm really aiming for management in the far distant future.. though you gotta start somewhere! lol. God, I hope I get free mags lol. I love Elle magazine! hehe.

Oh, and Karen Millen phoned me this morning and asked me to come to interview tomorrow for the same position as Elle!!

Omg, I'm like soo close to throwing up. I've cried 3 times today already, I'm in bits lol. :crazyeyes Thanks for your help guys.

Ilora x
  • Options
    good luck, dude, hope one of these works out!

x
  • Options
    Karen Millen hands down.
    I much prefer Karen Millen clothes and wear them already, however Elle's style is a bit too sporty-casual for me. I enjoy sequins, animal prints and tailoring rather than tracksuits.
    So yeah, I'm really gonna work hard for the Karen Millen tomorrow.

The Elle interview went well I think. They're gonna phone me in a couple of days and let me know if I was successful.

Ilora x
  • Options
    well done on getting the interview! you're lucky to get given one so soon!
  • Options
    Well, I gave them my CV about 3 weeks ago and they said if there were any vacancies they'd bear me in mind.

I went in again this saturday after seeing an ad in the window for a sales assistant and reminded them that I did hand a CV in.

Got a phonecall the next day - it pays to be assertive :thumb: hehe.

Ilora x
  • Options
    Yeah it went well, I think. They're gonna give me a call in the next few days to arrange a 'trial' in store for 2 hours. The manager seemed a bit too sales orientated for what I'm looking for. So, we'll see.

But good news is I've had 2 interviews in 2 days and I actually plucked up the courage to see them through, and I'm chuffed.

I'm also applying for a job in a shop called 'Lush' where they sell gorrgeous 100% organic/natural bath and beauty products. There's a sales assistant in there with flared trousers and dreaded hair, so it looks like I'd feel far more comfortable working there, and actually able to 'fit in'.

Anyway, so yeah that's what's happened so far! Ilora x
  • Options
    Yeah it went well, I think. They're gonna give me a call in the next few days to arrange a 'trial' in store for 2 hours. The manager seemed a bit too sales orientated for what I'm looking for. So, we'll see.

But good news is I've had 2 interviews in 2 days and I actually plucked up the courage to see them through, and I'm chuffed.

I'm also applying for a job in a shop called 'Lush' where they sell gorrgeous 100% organic/natural bath and beauty products. There's a sales assistant in there with flared trousers and dreaded hair, so it looks like I'd feel far more comfortable working there, and actually able to 'fit in'.

i could never work in lush, it'd give me a headache! but i guess you get used to it.

you probably will find many chain store companies are very much sales orientated. tis all about the money!
  • Options
    i could never work in lush, it'd give me a headache! but i guess you get used to it.

I used to work in Wax Lyrical and had to leave because the smell gave me a stonking headache!
  • Options

lol luby would kill u - shed love to work in lush , dont like the place myself they still use industrial cleaner in their shampoo (sodium laureth sulphate) - they just market it well
  • Options
    cv's

need help! I need to write a C.V but i dont know what kind of things i have to put into it and how to lay it out any advice would be great!!!
    Cheers
  • Options
    need help! I need to write a C.V but i dont know what kind of things i have to put into it and how to lay it out any advice would be great!!!
    Cheers
    best to either do a search or start a new topic my dear.