Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The only good child is up a chimney

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For God's sake can't a woman get her rest?

Noisy greasy fingered little buggers are everywhere these days, running around shops with their fourteen year old mothers pulling stuff off shelves... Flinging food in resteraunts. They should make pens for them on the outskirts of town so they can be left whilst the mother goes shopping... And people with dignity can shop without hassle.

Old people are normally rank too.

Comments

• Options
    worst ones are mothers who use their push chairs as battering rams to get through crowds even tho their child is nowhere to be seen (normally pissing people off).

kids in restaurants are annoying too.

im just getting old i think
  • Options
    There must be resteraunts where no kids are allowed.

My mate and I were in a pizza place and we eventually asked to be moved because a bunch of noisy little brats all walked in and sat on the table next to us.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    No the worst people are those who are always complaining. :yes:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    its not the "in" thing to do banning kids from places, there would be outcry, but i'd be all for it, theres enough family orientated places such as wacky warehouse etc.. they can all go to those places rather than places i am in. hehe children in pubs too, just doesnt work for me.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    In some way I don't understand, I don't get easily annoyed by kids in restaurants and shops. The one place they really annoy me (IF they speak) is in a movie theatre. I went to see War of the Worlds a couple of months back, and there was a group of 6 that just wouldn't shut up, even when the rest of the whole theatre shouted at them.
    And these ones were around 16. It saddens me to see people so old behave like 5-year-olds.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    hehe children in pubs too, just doesnt work for me.

Most pubs don't allow children under 14 in the bar.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    they let them in the pub just not at the bar area, well at least thats how it is round here. pubs arnt places for children, i can never understand why parents take them in such.

obviously ill make exceptions for countryside pubs etc..but not in a smokey, sweary pub on a saturday afternoon.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    pubs arnt places for children

Pubs serving hot food are places for familly though.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    No the worst people are those who are always complaining. :yes:
    Have you ever tried shopping with a place crawling with children? You can't move in case you step on them and they're always screaming.

Why can't parents raise their children and have consideration for other people?

I think I have reason to complain and have been thinking about getting an ASBO put out to the house with the children.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Pubs serving hot food are places for familly though.

im actually inclined to disagree but im not in the frame of mind for a arguement.
  • Options
    Have you ever tried shopping with a place crawling with children?

It's the summer holidays, want should a parent do? Get a babysitter so they can go shopping?
    Why can't parents raise their children and have consideration for other people?

I think I have reason to complain and have been thinking about getting an ASBO put out to the house with the children.

Kids are noisy little bastards, having fun and being naughty is part of being a kid you misrable git! :)

And ASBO's are a loda of jank.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Kids are noisy little bastards, having fun and being naughty is part of being a kid
    No it isn't. Children need to be taught authority. It's like people with bad table manners, they shouldn't be allowed in public unless they learn to have consideration for others and not put us off our food.
  • Options
    Adults so dont' get that there are just some things that kids dont' want to do - like shopping you see so many families out for an afternoon of shopping - it drives the kids crazy they get so bored and end up making a scene - its surely better to leave the kids at home with one parent whilst the other goes out - that way they get to stay at home and play and not get bored and its nicer for everyone else as well.

Similarly in restaurants - if you go early in the evenig then you expect children but its awful to go in at about 9 and see kids there that are obv tired and misbehaving and should really be at home in bed.
  • Options
    But there's a difference to a child throwing a tantrum and to when they're running down the shopping aisle on the way of people, pulling things off shelves and so on whilst the adults ignore them. Maybe it's just where I am...
  • Options
    kids running around dont bother me tbh. I usually just feel grateful if its someone elses!
    Children do need to learn to behave, but its a process. Its not as if you can keep them locked up until theyve learnt it.
    If you are intolerant, then you need to take ownership of your problem, not blame others for `being annoying`.
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote:
    Adults so dont' get that there are just some things that kids dont' want to do - like shopping you see so many families out for an afternoon of shopping - it drives the kids crazy they get so bored and end up making a scene - its surely better to leave the kids at home with one parent whilst the other goes out

How many famillies have two parents at home throught the day?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    But there's a difference to a child throwing a tantrum and to when they're running down the shopping aisle on the way of people, pulling things off shelves and so on whilst the adults ignore them. Maybe it's just where I am...

That'sd what some kids do. I can't see how it bothers you that much to be honest.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    why cant they leave the shopping till weekend or something when there is somebody to look after them?
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    why cant they leave the shopping till weekend or something when there is somebody to look after them?

Hang on you think all people with kids should wait to go into town on the weekend just so that you can go round town on a weekday and not get bothered by kids! :lol:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    How many famillies have two parents at home throught the day?

Well if two of them are out shopping with the children then it appears quite a lot - but also my mum was the only person at home during the day when we were little but she had an agreement with her friend that one would look after all the children whilst the other shopped and vice versa.

I'm not talking about food shopping either - like taking your children for a whole day to the shopping centre - how can a 5 year old find that exciting???
  • Options
    I'm sure parents would prefer to leave kids at home if they could.
    And if you have a problem with kids isn't it your problem?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    If you are intolerant, then you need to take ownership of your problem, not blame others for `being annoying`.
    I'm not intolerent, I just don't think parents should let their children run around the floor in resteraunts. It's like on my estate, the kids are noisy and they're running around the streets screaming. They could get abducted, hit by a car... mauled by a dog. Plus the behaviour is anto social.
  • Options
    They could get abducted, hit by a car... mauled by a dog. Plus the behaviour is anto social.

That's right, becasue sitting in door on a games console is so much more sociable.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Hang on you think all people with kids should wait to go into town on the weekend just so that you can go round town on a weekday and not get bothered by kids! :lol:

i very rarely get chance to go into town on a weekday im usually at work.

i mean that if they waited till weekend one parent is likely to be at home while the other goes shopping.
  • Options
    Much less annoying.

I'm hungover, in a bad mood and don't like noisy filthy children.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    i very rarely get chance to go into town on a weekday im usually at work.

So what are you moaning about. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    im more inclined to say its more the parents inability to control their own offspring, if i'd have acted like some kids do when i was a nipper i'd have had a clip round the earhole. some kids just get away with allsorts.

kids are fine till they are about 4 years old then they are shits till 18 or so.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    I'm sure parents would prefer to leave kids at home if they could.
    And if you have a problem with kids isn't it your problem?

Why should they inflict thier badly behavied horrible brats on me - i've not got a problem with well behaved children - but i do have a problem with parents who a) dont' controll thier children and b) think that children should fit into thier lives and do adult centred activities rather than child centred ones.

I've seen far to many badly behavied children who are out to late and are acting up because they are tired and should really be home in bed.
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote:
    Why should they inflict thier badly behavied horrible brats on me - i've not got a problem with well behaved children - but i do have a problem with parents who a) dont' controll thier children and b) think that children should fit into thier lives and do adult centred activities rather than child centred ones.
    I agree, you've summed up in one sentence what I've tried to in many.
  • Options
    dont you think most parents have enough problems of their own, without a bunch of jumped up teenagers who think they know everything about parenting when theyre not even parents themselves, tutting at them every time their child behaves a bit boisterously, or acts in any way that isnt just sitting down and shutting up.
    Those children have as much right to be in the shopping centre as you do.
    Yes other people can be annoying - adults and children alike.
    Get over it.
    You lot are all fucking annoying too.