Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Do exam results bring you out in a cold sweat?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Have GCSE or A level results ever felt like a looming crisis in your life? Or have they
triggered feelings of stress, anxiety, depression for you in the past?

Do you want to lend your experience to support To The Samaritans exams campaign and help other young people cope with results day this August?

If this sounds like you and you would like to find out about ways your experience can help The Samaritans exams campaign send me an email. Confidentiality will be guaranteed and names can be changed to protect identities if required.

If you are in crisis and in need of confidential emotional support now you can
contact a Samaritan volunteer 24 hours a day on 0345 90 90 90 or visit our website - www.samaritans.org

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just to let all you users know, this is a genuine posting from the Samaritans. Please support them in all their good work, and know that they will treat your emails in the strictest confidence.

Karla
    im doing my gcse's next year but all my results in the past have been pleasing so im looking forward to doing my gcse's!!!
    have sent you mail, would love to help.

There needs to be some consisten guidelines as to who can post what when "advertising". This is a blatant ad for the samiritans - granted, a good cause - but Dom was having a go in "Anything Goes" forum for a post recommendinf www.sports.com - a site which the poster happened to work for, but who was doing it because it is a good site.

A bit of consistency from the moderators is all I ask. Other than that I (and I hope all of us) appreciate what you and Dom are doing. Keep it up.
    Originally posted by Turtle:
    There needs to be some consisten guidelines as to who can post what when "advertising". This is a blatant ad for the samiritans - granted, a good cause - but Dom was having a go in "Anything Goes" forum for a post recommendinf www.sports.com - a site which the poster happened to work for, but who was doing it because it is a good site.

A bit of consistency from the moderators is all I ask. Other than that I (and I hope all of us) appreciate what you and Dom are doing. Keep it up.

Fair point turtle. We should make it more clear what's okay and what's not. Basically, the rule of thumb is if someone wants to post advertising, they can put it by us and if we think it's of value to our users, we'll okay it.

There can be grey areas - the sports.com post being an example - what we don't want is for these boards to be completley ruined by unsolicited junk ads. Which, obviously, the Samiritans ad isn't.

BTW - want to earn good money by doing nothing??? For my exclusive secrets to making a fortune, just send me a checque for.... AAHHHHHH!!!!

Dom
    lol.

Ok, thanx for clearing that up. I understand the need to keep these boards from filling up with spam etc, but think that ppl should be able to recommend stuff, even if they happen to have a personal interest in it. But then again, you feed one beggar and then they all come rushing to your door.
    Getting back to the subject, I'm one of these ppl that are supposed to be panicking about results. I'm not too worried, but then again I took my exams so long ago (about 2 months now) that I've got used to the waiting. I took IGCSE (International GCSE) and we don't get our results until we get back to school!!

i think if you can convince yourself you've done really badly and then they come out good, you'll be really happy, and if they turn out bad you'll have been expecting it. Just don't convince yourself you'll fail b4 you sit the exams!!
    hi everyone
    the actual exams, for me, were all okay, apart from the speaking part of the exams, because i have a stutter. however, once i'd started i found it wasnt as bad as i thought. im also not feeling too bad about the results, because i know ive done the best i could... i guess this because having a stutter all my life has made me stronger as a person, and its one of the only good things that has come out of me having a stutter. what do you think?
    gareth :thumb: