Home Drink & Drugs
Exciting news! Join our watch club and get free access to NOW for 1 month

Advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Am currently experiencing the worst come down i've ever had.

Need advice on how to cope with this, can't sleep and can't get hold of any weed. Was thinking of taking a trip up to boots to get something like night nurse in the hope that it will help me have a couple hours of kip but I'm not sure if its a good idea ... tried it before and still couldn't sleep and it just made everything worse.

Please! Any ideas?

Comments

  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,180 Skive's The Limit
    Getting pissed is not good advice but it works for me. ;)
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
    That’s why it’s call the present
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    all i've got in the house is tesco's own brand white-label-paint-stripper vodka so that's an absolute last resort

    shit!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    getting pissed always helps ease a comedown for me...though sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and like it or lump it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jon_UK wrote:
    Am currently experiencing the worst come down i've ever had.

    Need advice on how to cope with this, can't sleep and can't get hold of any weed. Was thinking of taking a trip up to boots to get something like night nurse in the hope that it will help me have a couple hours of kip but I'm not sure if its a good idea ... tried it before and still couldn't sleep and it just made everything worse.

    Please! Any ideas?

    Vallium :thumb: .
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Spliffie wrote:
    Valium :thumb: .

    And where is he going to lay his hands on that?

    I wouldnt suggest booze, though some people like it, if you are going to make sure to keep hydrated too.
  • JadedJaded back for more Posts: 2,682
    Alcohol will just prolong the comedown, although it might make it slightly less intense in the short term. A decent meal, keeping hydrated and resting will do more to help your body recover from the hard time you have given it.
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,180 Skive's The Limit
    LadyJade wrote:
    Alcohol will just prolong the comedown, although it might make it slightly less intense in the short term.

    Although alcohol obviously does put your body under more strain it helps you get your apetite back and allows you to sleep a lot easier. You don't even need to get pissed for it to help. A couple of beers always sorts me out.
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
    That’s why it’s call the present
  • JadedJaded back for more Posts: 2,682
    Fair enough, but keep in mind that alcohol is a depressant and may just make things worse...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    LadyJade wrote:
    Fair enough, but keep in mind that alcohol is a depressant and may just make things worse...

    Thats not really what the term means though is it, alcohol is a depressant, but thats because of its action on the CNS rather than its action on your mood.

    Having said that I'm totally mystified as to how anyone can face drink after going out. And anyway its bad form to drink in the morning.
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,180 Skive's The Limit
    bongbudda wrote:
    Having said that I'm totally mystified as to how anyone can face drink after going out. And anyway its bad form to drink in the morning.

    My mates and I have come back from clubbing and sat for the pub to open! :D
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
    That’s why it’s call the present
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote:
    My mates and I have come back from clubbing and sat for the pub to open! :D

    Thats sounds horrid, relaxing infront of cartoons or laying in bed is the prefered option for me.
  • JadedJaded back for more Posts: 2,682
    bongbudda wrote:
    Thats not really what the term means though is it, alcohol is a depressant, but thats because of its action on the CNS rather than its action on your mood.

    Having said that I'm totally mystified as to how anyone can face drink after going out. And anyway its bad form to drink in the morning.

    It wasn't really clear what I was getting at there, was it... I meant that your body responds by slowing down, which I suppose is why you start to feel sleepy, but it also means that you process all the toxins more slowly in addition to all the extra ones you put in, which prolongs the whole process and makes you feel worse the next day...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    LadyJade wrote:
    It wasn't really clear what I was getting at there, was it... I meant that your body responds by slowing down, which I suppose is why you start to feel sleepy, but it also means that you process all the toxins more slowly in addition to all the extra ones you put in, which prolongs the whole process and makes you feel worse the next day...

    I see what you mean now, yes, it gives your body more to deal with when its already run down.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Valium will also slow down your bodies ability to process the drugs you have taken, and mixing stimulants with downers isnt really ever the wisest move.
  • JadedJaded back for more Posts: 2,682
    I agree with Bong, taking Valium isn't a recommended course of action.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah, i also just get really drunk on the come down, its highly not recommend, but it works.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    buy some Synedol from the chemist- it contains codeine and a muscle relaxant- 2 of those and a couple of drinks and you feel as if you've necked 5 vallies :thumb:
Sign In or Register to comment.