Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Graduating

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well, it is the time of year that we are all graduating and I for one know how hard it is going to be to find a job. I am currently temping, and have a word of warning for those doing likewise - be picky. I am with an agency who I won't mention for fear of legal proceedings and it is obvious that they want me to take anything. For one whole week I have reorganised a woman's filing system into lever arch files, 8 hrs a day, not bad for a job which carried the title "Data Entry Clerk". Don't forget, whilst you are working, agencies are coining it in, so they will try and have you take anything. Be picky and try and get something that will add a skill you don't already have to your CV, or an experience at least. BE ASSERTIVE! Sure, I agree, the money comes in useful, BUT, you can easily get caught in the trap of taking any job for the sake of the cash. Ask yourself this - "Is this going to add to what I already have?" If not, I suggest you hang fire for something more suitable.

GOOD LUCK!!!