Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Stolen eletricity, buckets of acid, eletrified door handles...

Apparently there has been such an explosion of home growing in parts of London certain councils are asking people to sniff and see if their neighbors are growing.

They have found that young kids are finding home growing flats then breaking in and stealing the stuff, so the growers are setting traps for them to prevent theft.

And most of the eletricity that they use is stolen, dodgy wiring right into the mains from the street causing a big fire hazard.

Yet still they say we shouldn't have legal supply!?!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i've always laughed at the situation, some derelect house in some shitty housing estate getting a £6,000 a year electricity bill, who's growing drugs hahah
    Its not all your lovely hippy down the road growing a few plants anymore, its a serious business, theres relatively big money to be made here.

I dont think we will import any 'skunk' cannabis soon, it will all be grown here, if it isnt already.

And as for the strength, I doubt it, its up to the grower, but stronger goes for more cash doesnt it.
    The more potent the gear the greater the potential risk though.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Its not all your lovely hippy down the road growing a few plants anymore, its a serious business, theres relatively big money to be made here.

I dont think we will import any 'skunk' cannabis soon, it will all be grown here, if it isnt already.

And as for the strength, I doubt it, its up to the grower, but stronger goes for more cash doesnt it.

The strongest strains tend to be the hardest to grow. A pal of mine used to grow a few plants from top quality strains, the harvests were small and he needed to put a fair bit of effort into it to get the desired quality.

Growing average strains with minimum effort seems to be very common, i've smoked some shit grass recently, loads of it about, and none of it cheaper than £40 a q.
    bongbudda wrote:

euroweed has been big for ten years ...massive for five and ...accelerating!

europe and ever moreso the uk ...have been exporting the best weed for quite a few years ...do keep up.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Woo, I must check out the derelict houses near here, and take a voltage tester with me. ;)

Meh, it looks like thre could be more on the streets soon then. Yay for that.
    bongbudda wrote:
    but stronger goes for more cash doesnt it.

No Not really... dealers selling weed don't charge more for a 'stronger' strain, the majority know fuck all what strain and how much THC CBD etc content it
    contains.

Maybe you know people who sell by strain, most people don't and pay a standard price.
    i love the hardcore right wing ideals of prohibition.

fucking government job scheme, doing the exact opposite of what they intend. Their intentions are for a police state anyways.

Drugs should be dealt with by health authorities, not by the police. Obviously
    As far as I see it, if we legalised drugs, we'd have to get rid of benefits, make people pay for their own healthcare and have much stricter punishments for burglary and theft. Otherwise, the hard working majority will just be keeping the semi-comatose heavy users in continuous supply to everyones' detriment.
    ginner wrote:
    As far as I see it, if we legalised drugs, we'd have to get rid of benefits, make people pay for their own healthcare and have much stricter punishments for burglary and theft. Otherwise, the hard working majority will just be keeping the semi-comatose heavy users in continuous supply to everyones' detriment.

LOL - how exactly do you work that one out?

Absurd logic if I ever saw it.

Please tell me how legalisation would lead to "keeping the semi-comatose heavy users in continuous supply to everyone's detriment" any more than our current system does now?

Stricter punishments for burglery and theft? Why?

Pay for their own healthcare? What the fuck are you talking about? Legalisation would boost the economy considerably, so that's a nonsense suggestion.
    Yes, they state could put a tax on weed, the legality would probably mean it would work out cheaper than now anyway, as there would be no need to price it high enough to warrant the risk of dealing, and it could be monitored so no-one gets shit weed or stuff that is fucked about with.

So benifits everyone, really.
    Spliffie wrote:
    LOL - how exactly do you work that one out?

Absurd logic if I ever saw it.

Please tell me how legalisation would lead to "keeping the semi-comatose heavy users in continuous supply to everyone's detriment" any more than our current system does now?

Stricter punishments for burglery and theft? Why?

Pay for their own healthcare? What the fuck are you talking about? Legalisation would boost the economy considerably, so that's a nonsense suggestion.

Lots of cheap weed = lots of people smoking lots of it all the time = lots of people too stoned to do anything else, like get a job = people who have jobs paying to keep the slackers in unemployment benefit = unhappy population = change of government to one harder on drugs
    Leglalising drugs is a stupid idea - society would coem to a standstill, cause everyone would just go get high...
    Aren't we forgetting, Alcohol is a legal drug. I don't see it causing society to collapse.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Aren't we forgetting, Alcohol is a legal drug. I don't see it causing society to collapse.

That all depends on the standards you expect society, and the individuals within it, to attain.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:

I think you'll find there are a hell of a lot of alcoholic low life bums that just sit around and drink all day nstead of get a job :impissed:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:

No but it causes some pretty serious problems.
    Weekender Offender 
    ginner wrote:
    Lots of cheap weed = lots of people smoking lots of it all the time = lots of people too stoned to do anything else, like get a job = people who have jobs paying to keep the slackers in unemployment benefit = unhappy population = change of government to one harder on drugs

Very few smokers are lazy stoners who sit about and do nothing, it's the same with alocohol, if you treat the drug properly there'll be no problem.
    Yes, there are a few alcoholics who have a problem. Like with smoking, too.

But there are a vast, vast, number of ordinary folks who go out and enjoy a few drinks with friends and have no problems. Yes, it would be lovley if everyone didn't abuse it, but, inevitably, a few folks will always cause problems. But there is treatment availible and groups like AA (Not the car one.).
    I must stress when I said legalising drugs was a stupid idea I was referring to all drugs not just cannabis.
    turlough wrote:
    Very few smokers are lazy stoners who sit about and do nothing, it's the same with alocohol, if you treat the drug properly there'll be no problem.

Essentially it's my view that legalisation would negatively effect more people than it would positively effect and calls for such an action are clearly selfish.
    ginner wrote:
    Essentially it's my view that legalisation would negatively effect more people than it would positively effect and calls for such an action are clearly selfish.

How many people are actually put off consuming drugs by the law?

How many people do you think say, hmm, cannabis is a Class C drug, I'm not touching it because I might, if unlucky get a formal warning from a copper?

The current drug laws have next to no real deterant factor at all.

If some drugs were legalised we may see an increase in use, but we would also see a decrease in harmful use, overdoses, contaminated supply, infections etc would be cut.

Also you would see a massive fall in certain types of crime to pay for drug habits.
    I must stress when I said legalising drugs was a stupid idea I was referring to all drugs not just cannabis.

Why? What would be stupid about giving heroin addicts the supply they physically need?
    Leglalising drugs is a stupid idea - society would coem to a standstill, cause everyone would just go get high...

There are more reasons to legalise than to have things as they are. This woman knows what she's talking about, have a look at this...

http://www.susanblackmore.co.uk/Drugs/HAC03.htm
    Vray wrote:
    There are more reasons to legalise than to have things as they are. This woman knows what she's talking about, have a look at this...

http://www.susanblackmore.co.uk/Drugs/HAC03.htm

Interesting, though a little unrealistic, a society where all drugs were legally available wouldnt be a utopia. If we didnt address poverty and poor living conditions I dont think it would solve much of the problem.
    I wouldn't be perfect, but is would make a lot more sense than what we have now. People who want drugs are going to get them and it will always be that way. Kids are going to experiment, we should educate them about drugs and make it as safe as possible.

As she says, current initiatives are no more than mopping up the problems caused by prohibition.
    Vray wrote:
    As she says, current initiatives are no more than mopping up the problems caused by prohibition.

Thats a good way of putting it, but its the mind set now isnt it, we can't imagine being able to buy drugs legally, its unthinkable.

And of course prohibition is an industry now, especially in the US, there's too much money being made catching users and banging them up.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Thats a good way of putting it, but its the mind set now isnt it, we can't imagine being able to buy drugs legally, its unthinkable.

Unfortunately because of drug propaganda thats true. Most people immediately think you're a junkie criminal if you told them you occassionally take them.
    Vray wrote:
    Unfortunately because of drug propaganda thats true. Most people immediately think you're a junkie criminal if you told them you occassionally take them.

I'm off the opinion that recreational drug use is like buggery, not really anyones business except mine and my partners.
    Well put :)