Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Resignation.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have draghted out a letter of resignation (with one month notice) basically heres what i wrote (minus the personal info):

Re: Letter of resignation.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please accept this as formal notice of my resignation from the position of part time shop assistant at EDIT food store, as of 11.09.05 (my last shift). I trust this will provide adequate notice. I have also handed a letter of resignation to the branch manager, EDIT. I am leaving this position to concentrate completely on my post graduate degree.

Yours sincerely,

Blah blah blah..

Does that sound OK?

Comments

• Options
    Yes
  • Options
    Ok tis all i wanted to know :D
  • Options
    Yup - keep it short and sweet. No need to waffle on.

:)
  • Options
    tis all good, apart from the blah blah blah at the end ;)
  • Options
    satehen wrote:
    I have draghted out a letter of resignation (with one month notice) basically heres what i wrote (minus the personal info):

Can I suggest something else...

Re: Letter of resignation. - remove this, it's irrelevant

Dear Sir/Madam, you're resignation should go to your line mamanger. If you don't know who that is then it's a shit company. Sir/Madam shows a lack of respect

Please accept this as formal notice of my resignation from the position of part time shop assistant at EDIT food store, as of 11.09.05 (my last shift).
    Try saying that you are giving X weeks notice and that you intend to leave on 11/9. That makes the ext bit irrelevant, and your contract/pay details cover what notice is "acceptable". If you don't have a contract then you should work on how often they pay you - weekly pay means weks notice, monthly pay mean month notice

I trust this will provide adequate notice.

I have also handed a letter of resignation to the branch manager, EDIT.
    Don't. It's none of his business - just your line manager.

I am leaving this position to concentrate completely on my post graduate degree.
    so what? It's nothing to do with them why just that you are. I would suggest that you thank them for offering your the opportunity and wish them best of luck for the furture. It means that the door ins't closed in case you want to return...
  • Options
    always nice to say you enjoyed working there.
  • Options
    Unless of course, you didnt.