Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

The Express Shows How Nice it is again....

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

He rejected a call from the Leader of the Opposition. Not Parliament.
    You do, however, parrot well the lame excuses

What lame excuse? That justice should be served? We have a system here Clandestine, please feel free to contribute by providing your "evidence" to the defence lawyers. I'm sure they will use it, if it stands up.
    But then, you seem to hold the view that evidence cannot be fabricated (all more so when MI5 themselves are conducting the non-transparent "investigations") as if there is no history of our western intelligence agencies colluding to do just that. I suppose they just sit around listening to "chatter" and playing bridge.

Ah, the "get-out" clause, wondered when that would appear.

Regardless of what any inquiry, court case etc find you can always say that something was hidden. Can't you? There is no fool proof system...
    lets be honest, they probably will be tortured for information n we'll never know.
    the leader of the opposition is technically the spokesperson of the non government a la opposing groups

No he's not - he is technically the chief spokesman of Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition. he is not the spokesman for non-Government which would include such groups as the RSPB, Sinn Fein/IRA and WH Smiths.
    Seems we have a fun game of semantics being played here to avoid recognising the fact that Mr. Howard was not speaking for himself but for the opposing members of the Commons. As such one can most assuredly cite Blair for refusing Parliamentary demand for a full transparent public enquiry.

Seems the sheeple are all too happy to use the argument "If you have nothing to hide..." when addressing naysayers of ID cards, but dare not apply the same principle to a repeatedly exposed lying UK administration when it wishes to keep its claimed "investigation" process beyond public scrutiny.

You'll no doubt simply believe whatever those, whom any rational thinking person would recognise as equally suspect, announce to the media as their findings on the matter. Nevermind that neither the process nor any real evidence itself will ever be verifiable, its enough that they say so.

I suppose you actually believe that any closed door MI5 investigation would ever result in a self admission of complicity or reveal any evidence to that fact?

And you have the nerve to suggest I'm being fanciful. :rolleyes:
    We're not playing semantics - or at least I'm not. There is a fundamental difference between the leader of the oppisition and Parliament.

Whilst Howard was speaking for HM Loyal Opposition (ie the Conservatives) he was not talking for all the opposition MPs (ie he was not talking for the Lib Dems, the UUP, the the DUP, Scots Nats, SDLP, Sinn Fein or Plaid Cymru).

And given that even if he was speaking for all of them they do not have a majority and no vote on the issue was called - he was not speaking for Parliament.

This is not semantics - it's the constitutional position.
    Clandestine,

Sort of off-topic but what do you think of Lyndon LaRouche? His latest press release doesn't sound that dissimilar to some of the stuff you've came out with.
    Nice try dis, but if you can find any references as to nuclear strikes against Iran scheduled for this month made by me in these forums than you will have a point indeed.

Cheney may be complicit in a substantial degree of criminality for acts already perpetrated but the PNAC is most assuredly not going to set off nukes in the region. They would make the valuable oil reserves of much of the region unusable.

Short sighted they may be both historically and politically but unleashing nukes would be the epitome of self defeating propositions.

Keep trying son.
    I wasn't trying to trick you or anything. It was an honest question.

I just wondered what you thought of Lyndon LaRouche. I haven’t really read up about him in depth but from my fairly limited reading he sounds like an extremely nasty if not dangerous individual and his organisation seems akin to some kind of extremist religious cult. I'd genuinely be interested to hear what you think of him. Thanks.
    1.jpg?Thursday,%2004-Aug-2005%2000:29:20%20BST

Again.....

This publication really makes me want to vomit. They really don't like muslims do they...
    Double post.
    I think cult is a fairly apt description of Larouche and his supporters, however many there might actually be. I've never given the man or his views much thought.
    Renzo wrote:

Again.....

This publication really makes me want to vomit. They really don't like muslims do they...
    yeh, i can guess the fury is from a few back bench MP's who like to go to skegness twice a year for their holidays, because its not too hot, and the crime rate is mainly supplied by white people
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Renzo wrote:

Again.....

Or they are the convenient scape goat. Its not my fault if that was spelt wrong either. Which knowing me, it is.
    i feel sad that my mum buys the express, though she occasionally buys the time or the independant for me