Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

getting killed for wearing a big coat.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i keep getting slated in this place for trying to get some of you to see through the lies and bullshit your being fed on a daily basis.
those of you who mentioned the big coat worn by the publicly executed man ..,.how do you feel now ...now the truth has come out that he was in fact wearing a fucking small denim jacket?

Comments

• Options
    I couldn't give a fuck about the coat!
    The man was innoccent .... big coat/small coat whatever-the-fuck-ever they should have been 110% positive of their information before they shot.
    I don't care if it comes out that he was actually wearing a Mr Blobby costume ... they fucked up big time! Whatever excuses they give ... he ran away, he had wires on him, was wearing a big coat, had 'Terrorist' painted on his forehead, was carrying nukes .... its all pointless now anyway. Innocent man = dead.
  • Options
    Jon_UK wrote:
    .... its all pointless now anyway. .
    i have to disagree.
    people need to be woken up.
    the powers that be know one thing for certain ...if you tell the same lie often enough ...in the minds of the people it becomes truth.
  • Options
    his cousin says he was wearing a denim jacket. The police say he was wearing a big padded jacket.
    I dont see how this means `the truth has come out`.
  • Options
    If the police killing an innocent doesn't wake people up i don't see why you would think revealing that he was wearing a denim jacket rather than a padded one would make much of a difference?
  • Options
    his cousin says he was wearing a denim jacket. The police say he was wearing a big padded jacket.
    I dont see how this means `the truth has come out`.
    the police are agreeing he was wearing a denim jacket.
    their deffence is THEY never said he was wearing a big coat ...but they never stood up and said ...no no ...the coat thing is wrong ...he was wearing a small jacket ...letting the lie permeate.
  • Options
    Jon_UK wrote:
    If the police killing an innocent doesn't wake people up i don't see why you would think revealing that he was wearing a denim jacket rather than a padded one would make much of a difference?
    exposing lies uncovers the truth ...you remember truth don't you?
  • Options
    do you think they shot him for a laugh?
  • Options
    do you think they shot him for a laugh?
    i'm not sure of anything anymore!
  • Options
    exposing lies uncovers the truth ...you remember truth don't you?
    No not really.

Ok so the truth is exposed ... he was wearing a denim jacket and not, as previously suspected, a padded jacket. Is the fact that he is dead more justifiable or more heinous now that has been revealed?

I like most on this site (at least judging from the 'media' thread in p&d) have very little faith in the media or gov. You asked:
    how do you feel now ...now the truth has come out that he was in fact wearing a fucking small denim jacket?
    The same as I did before i found this out. I don't think a padded jacket made the shooting justifiable so to me it doesn't matter what he was wearing.
  • Options
    Jon_UK wrote:
    Whatever excuses they give ... he ran away, he had wires on him, was wearing a big coat, had 'Terrorist' painted on his forehead, was carrying nukes .... its all pointless now anyway. Innocent man = dead.

What if they had not done it and he had blown up a train? I'm sure the police would be critisied then for not acting quickly enough. In the heat of the moment if there is doubt that someone may be a threat to others on a large scale action must be taken. Don't get me wrong I think that it is awful that an innocent man was killed (if he was inncocent) but at the end of the day he did run from armed police which was kinda asking for it if you ask me
  • Options
    What if they had not done it and he had blown up a train? I'm sure the police would be critisied then for not acting quickly enough. In the heat of the moment if there is doubt that someone may be a threat to others on a large scale action must be taken. Don't get me wrong I think that it is awful that an innocent man was killed (if he was inncocent) but at the end of the day he did run from armed police which was kinda asking for it if you ask me
    pretty much sums up what I think.
    I think its tragic that an innocent man was killed, but I think its the people who bombed us fault, rather than the police who had to make a snap decision.
    Its the bombers that have created thisatmosphere of fear.
  • Options
    Jon_UK wrote:
    I don't think a padded jacket made the shooting justifiable so to me it doesn't matter what he was wearing.
    the big coat justified nothing for me either but ...the big coat has been used to convince people they would have shot him as well or don't you see that ...are not concerned with that kind of mind manipulation on a grand and growing scale?
  • Options

Well if we're playing the 'what if' game - what if he was your husband/boyfriend/brother/father/son? What if it had been you or me?

You know what ... these issues have been gone over pretty thoroughly in the politics forum and i don't think there's any point bringing them up again. Lets agree to disagree.
  • Options
    to be fair ...this side of the debate has been all but done to the death.
  • Options
    Today I saw a man of Asian ethnic origin getting onto my train with a large, full hiking rucksac, I got onto a different carriage. Am I ashamed? Probably.
  • Options
    Sorry didn't realise this had been brought up on another thread, just wanted to add my thoughts.

Jon _uk I totally understand the whole if it was someone you knew thing and totally agree with your thoughts on that. Just think it can be very hard for Police or indeed anyone to definetly know if someone is a threat or not when a split second desision needs to be made under pressure. I shall agree to disagree with you though :)

Please continue.... :D
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    Today I saw a man of Asian ethnic origin getting onto my train with a large, full hiking rucksac, I got onto a different carriage. Am I ashamed? Probably.
    you need not feel ashamed.
    you are frightened cos the air is full of fear.
    if all suicide bombers were white men with big mustachios ...you would have reacted the same/
  • Options
    Jon _uk I totally understand the whole if it was someone you knew thing and totally agree with your thoughts on that. Just think it can be very hard for Police or indeed anyone to definetly know if someone is a threat or not when a split second desision needs to be made under pressure. I shall agree to disagree with you though :)

Please continue.... :D

I had a huuuuuuge message typed out going off on one but read this and deleted it! Am feeling very proud of my self control right now :thumb: (and yours by the way)

And saying that, I think I will leave this thread well alone now
  • Options
    you need not feel ashamed.
    you are frightened cos the air is full of fear.
    if all suicide bombers were white men with big mustachios ...you would have reacted the same/

Yeah, that's true, but I don't want to modify my behaviour due to the actions of a few extremists and nor would I want anyone to feel suspected or discriminated against unjustifiably as they go innocently about their daily lives.
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    Yeah, that's true, but I don't want to modify my behaviour due to the actions of a few extremists and nor would I want anyone to feel suspected or discriminated against unjustifiably as they go innocently about their daily lives.
    and very fine sentiments they are too ginner.
    but ...times have changed beyond all belief.
    the air is thick with poison now.
    lots of people realise but deny or defend it.
    the twentieth century was the age of industrialised warfare ...the twenty first century is so far turning into the cenury of fear ...of terror.
  • Options
    Jon_UK wrote:
    I had a huuuuuuge message typed out going off on one but read this and deleted it! Am feeling very proud of my self control right now :thumb: (and yours by the way)

We all have different views and a opinions on thinks and its good to share them, can always learn from others even if the views are very different so no point getting angry with each other :D

Sorry that sounded a bit cheesy, lol. Feel the love
  • Options
    What if they had not done it and he had blown up a train?

They weren't concerned enough about him being a bomber to stop him riding around on the top deck of a bus for half an hour, though.

I saw two young Asian lads with rucksacks on the train, looking very shifty indeed. I didn't move because I figured that if my number was up it was up, and that's that.
  • Options
    I'm not sure those who shot him are the ones totally at fault, from my understanding of the case it is the survailence team which messed up. They followed him, thinking he came out of one flat which was wrong, they then let him on a bus, which was potentailly dangerous, and then I think they gave the armed team the wrong information.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    bongbudda wrote:
    I'm not sure those who shot him are the ones totally at fault, from my understanding of the case it is the survailence team which messed up. They followed him, thinking he came out of one flat which was wrong, they then let him on a bus, which was potentailly dangerous, and then I think they gave the armed team the wrong information.

:yes:

It was the intelligence that was at fault not the copper who shot the bloke.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    My Asian friend walked around the town centre in his thick coat with his iPod headphones hanging out the bottom with his hands in his pockets and because he was looking for us, he was looking around him with a bewildered expression on his face.

It was hilarious until I thought about it. We were the only people who knew he was going to pull his wires/headphones and blow the cinema up and everyone else, unfortunately, had a reason to think he was suspicious.
  • Options
    I might follow Roll's lead and make 17-34 threads about the same thing.
  • Options
    i keep getting slated in this place for trying to get some of you to see through the lies and bullshit your being fed on a daily basis.
    those of you who mentioned the big coat worn by the publicly executed man ..,.how do you feel now ...now the truth has come out that he was in fact wearing a fucking small denim jacket?
    Did he have a rucksack?
  • Options
    I think it was a snap decision the policeman had to make. Suspicious looking man running away from me on a train. Do I simply arrest him and wait for the train to stop, potentially leaving a bomb to go off? Or do I kill him and potentially stop the bombing, saving the lives of everyone on this train?

In my view, yes it was a horrible mistake, and we would all be heartbroken if the man were someone we loved but none of us were in that situation. The facts are the man was running away from the police at a train station. That's all they needed to know. There are no good reasons why the man was running away anyway. He was an illegal immigrant and didn't want to be caught. Pretty cowardly and moronic if you ask me.
  • Options
    ginner wrote:

Being ashamed at your sense of self-preservation is pretty silly imho.
  • Options
    ginner wrote:

but are you dead?

not by the looks of it