Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Center Parcs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Sorry if this should be in Travel, but I guess the mods will move it if it should..

Just wondering, has anyone been to Center Parcs (Sherwood Forest, in particular) and would you recommend it? I've got a week off, the first week of October, and I'd like to get away with my boyfriend for say 3-4 nights. I've checked out the prices and the £350-ish it'll cost shouldn't be a problem - am hoping for a big enough bonus from work to cover it!

Anyone got any good or bad points about CP to share, or any other ideas for a few nights away? (We stayed in a cottage in the Peak District at the end of June, which was lovely. Looking for something similar in the sense that we can stay in when we want, cook when we want and just relax for a few days away from everything else). Thanks! :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    center parcs in sherwood forest is very nice :) i'd reccomend it, the swimming pools are good too
    i went there a few years ago in October, very nice all round. Only bad points i can think of is the restaurants were quite pricey and the swimming pool changing rooms stank of shite (when i was there they did anyway)
    Yeah i've been there a few times when i was younger and loved it :D , lots to see and do and as Ballerina says the swimming pool area is class, if its all the same as before.

They had like a wave machine thing and played the Tarzan noise when the waves were starting from what i can remember, odd but still good :)
    isnt it a kids thing?
    like butlins for the middle class?
    Well i went when i was a kid and loved it but can't really remember what there was for adults, spose if you like riding your bike and walking you can do alot of that round the forests etc ...
    GoodFella wrote:
    Yeah i've been there a few times when i was younger and loved it :D , lots to see and do and as Ballerina says the swimming pool area is class, if its all the same as before.

They had like a wave machine thing and played the Tarzan noise when the waves were starting from what i can remember, odd but still good :)
    yep it makes a tarzan noise, its been a while since i went too....but i thought the changing rooms were good....the floor is heated
    I've been there nearly every year since i was about 5! Always loved it...loads to do. It's not just for kids, loads for adults too...depends what you want to do. Can do anything from climbing, abseiling, watersports, tennis, 10 pin bowling...right down to spending a few hours in the spa!!I loved it going with my family, it's very family orientated...however at the same time it's very good for couples. Introduced my boyfriend to it 2 years ago and he loves it...we're going back for a 3rd time togther in november...to longleat.

Been to elveden, sherwood and longleat before, and i like them all. The only downside in my point of view is it can be quite pricey as you pay for activities separately. The only thing included in the price of the villa is the swimming pool (which is fab!!). However what that does mean is that you only participate in what you want/can afford to...spend the rest of the time relaxing!!

PS It is nothing like Butlins for the middle class!!You'll enjoy...i can guarantee :thumb:
    PS It is nothing like Butlins for the middle class!!You'll enjoy...i can guarantee :thumb:
    oh come on, it SO is.
    Not that theres anything wrong with centreparks or Butlins or Haven sites or whatever. I just think theyre kiddy things. You go there with a family because theres plenty for kids to do under one roof
    I cant imagine why adults would want to go if they didnt have children with them.
    DON'T DO IT.

I used to work at the Center Parcs Oasis Whinfell Forest site and I can honestly think of no scabbier place to go for a relaxing holiday, especially for the money involved.

But oasis isn't a true Center Parcs site. OK it is owned by them now...but was set up by the oasis company who were brought out by center parcs...for the true center parcs experience go for one of the 3 original UK sites :yes: definitely not scabby!!
    Have you been to any of the other 3 parcs?
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Centre Parks is wank. All 1000000 of them.

End of discussion

</closed>

lololol
    Yes, I've been to the Sherwood Forest site, and my friend has visited all of them.

Did you enjoy?
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Ballerina wrote:
    center parcs in sherwood forest is very nice :) i'd reccomend it, the swimming pools are good too

Yup. Its ace. If expensive as hell.

You'll remember it for sure.
    No, I thought they were the least relaxing places you could think of. I appreciate that I may be slightly biased against them because of having worked there but even so, they are ridiculously expensive, overcrowded, noisy hell holes.

Fair enough...everyone sees things differently...good to hear the other side for a balanced argument etc.
    I've been to the Sherwoof forest one, with my friends for the weekend i thought it was allright, but thats probably because i was with 7 of my girly mates having a good time kind of thing, and i didn't have to pay as it was for someones birthday, theres no way i would personally pay their prices myself though.

The swimming pool i enjoyed especially the outside/rock slide thing because the air was nice and cold on your face but the water feels just like a bath.