Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why is sex such a big deal???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If u think about it whats such a big deal about sum1 puttin there dick in a lasses fanny??
Whats the differances between it and puttin ya toungue down someones throat???

Does anyone agree??

Why should someone be called a slag for it?? just about all of us are goin to do it one day!!

Comments

• Options
    How can you even draw a comparison between kissing someone and having sex with them?!?
    I think i speak for most people when i say that there is something much more personal and private about sex and its not just a case of thrusting genitals together.Kissing is a whole different ball game...Kissing is more symbolic of showing someone that you like them or you think your hot.You wouldnt show someone you thought they were hot by pulling your knickers down and bending over.At least i know i wouldnt.
    Kissing is about experimenting i guess.Maybe its about finding out about your sexuality or showing someone you care or maybe its just about having a giggle.I dont know different things to different people.But there is something distinctly more innocent about kissing than sex.
    Back to your main question though....The difference is morals and maturity in my opinon.
    If there was no difference between the two,if they were both equal in sexual terms then why arent there laws to stop underage kissing or rape charges for someone who stole a kiss.
    Sex and kissing dont even come close to being the same.
  • Options
    If u think about it whats such a big deal about sum1 puttin there dick in a lasses fanny??

Does anyone agree??

Why should someone be called a slag for it?? just about all of us are goin to do it one day!!

:yeees:
    out of interest have you ever had sex?
    kissing and sex are two completly different things - there is no comparission.
    and if someone has sex it doesn't necessarily mean they are a "slut"
    i mean WTF?!
  • Options
    The only problem is when you have sex with someone it's not just the penis in vagina doolady. There's usually emotions involved - emotions are what make it matter. If there weren't any it would be fine so long as it was safe to do so and enjoyable.
  • Options
    It might also have something to do with the risk of pregnancy or unpleasant nasty diseases you don't get with snogging.
  • Options
    !!

You have a way with words...... :chin:

Sorry if I'm off the mark here, but having looked at your sig, are you a Christian? If so, you should know why it's a 'big deal'!
  • Options
    Museman wrote:
    Sorry if I'm off the mark here, but having looked at your sig, are you a Christian? If so, you should know why it's a 'big deal'!

Might not be the Christian God ;)

As others have said, there's a lot of difference between having sex and kissing. With the right person, I do believe sex is a big deal because you're connecting with someone in a physical way, which you wouldn't normally connect with others on an everyday level such as shaking hands - and which has emotional meaning. Obviously, in a different context such as a one night stand, it's different because the meaning is different.

I think too much emphasis is put on the expectations behind losing one's virginity, however. You can wear your silver ring, do 'everything but sex', prepare for the event in a big emotional way, but when it comes to the crunch, a lot of people will wonder why they got so worked up over it. Not in the sense that it's not a big deal and should be treated in a casual manner, but so many people put it on a pedestal and hype it up to be something that it's not.
  • Options
    because it feels good maybe?!
  • Options
    Because society, and the media in partuiclar, and obessed with it.
  • Options

Does anyone agree??

WTF? Are you serious?
  • Options
    In all honesty I can understand what you mean although I don't really agree mainly, as fiend said:
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    the risk of pregnancy or unpleasant nasty diseases you don't get with snogging.
    And this:
    go_away wrote:
    With the right person, I do believe sex is a big deal because you're connecting with someone in a physical way, which you wouldn't normally connect with others on an everyday level such as shaking hands - and which has emotional meaning.

Although for the second one I couldn't really say as have never been with the right person.

Personally the only difference for me is the level of pleasure involved ... perhaps I'm shallow or amoral I couldn't really say ... but on that level I can agree with you.

As for why someone is called a slag for it, well that's just down to traditional/outdated (depending on how you look at it) values about sex before marriage and promiscuity, media and, because some people have problems with the idea of having sex with someone who has slept with far more partners than they themselves have.
  • Options
    Am I the only one who uses the term 'kissy whore'?
  • Options
    Sex is a big deal because it's our whole purpose to reproduce. It's the driving force of life - to continue life. It's a basic primal urge. It drives us, it's what drives love, and relationships.
    However, there is another reason it's such a big deal, and that's because society has evolved to make it a big deal. Old beliefs and religion still have a major influence on love, relationships, and sex. They say, or at the very least imply, it's wrong to just enjoy sex for the sake of pleasure alone. And that's where primal urge and social conditioning clash, big time, which is what causes us so much confusion, frustration, and anguish.
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    Am I the only one who uses the term 'kissy whore'?
    That phrase is officially stolen :razz:
  • Options

Does anyone agree??

I suggest you go off, grow up, give them both a try someday and come back and let us know! :chin:
  • Options
    And this poster, in one easy thread, illustrates why the United Kingdom has such a problem with teenage pregnancy and STIs.

*sigh*

I think she has had sex. Lots of it, with lots of spotty teenage boys. Rather her than me.
  • Options
    Because society, and the media in partuiclar, and obessed with it.

yea thats excalty y it is?? not because its a spiecal thing between to people!
  • Options
    You are in error, actually.
  • Options

Does anyone agree??

Sex can be an act of affection and love towards somebody... Or just plain fun.

Without no sex we wouldn't have babies.

And no, you should never call a woman a 'slut'... Would you criticise a man for sleeping around?
  • Options
    I love sex and most importantly i have it with a man i am in love with, a man who i intend to marry. Sex is very important and treating it as frivolity and going around shagging anything that moves will not only give you a reputation but possibly an unplanned pregnancy and a few STD's.
  • Options
    Museman wrote:
    You have a way with words...... :chin:

I think shes trying to be ghetto.
  • Options
    Actually.. sex isnt as big of a deal as it used to be. The media has made sex seem like its just something to do when youre bored.. You see it all the time on TV and in movies.. and usually there isnt any kind of emotional attachment between the two people involved. Its just something that happens. The media tells us that casual sex is okay. So, to a lot of people in my generation sex is not that big of a deal. It isnt something that you do when youre in love or feel emotionally connected to someone. It's something you do because it feels good.
  • Options
    yea thats excalty y it is?? not because its a spiecal thing between to people!
    I think there maybe a bit of confusion with what you meant in your original post but I'll ask a question which will hopefully clear it up. Do you think anyone that has sex is a "slag"?
  • Options
    I prefer the word promiscous (sp?) to slag, its a label that can be used for both men and women and is less judgemental.
  • Options
    And no, you should never call a woman a 'slut'...

Just to point out, it might not be polite, but there are definatly women out there who are sluts, and also to clarify, it's not all about how many men they sleep with.
  • Options
    Would you criticise a man for sleeping around?

Absolutely!
  • Options
    Ahh, but would he give a shit :D
  • Options
    Ahh, but would he give a shit :D

I think you may have just highlighted the key difference between the sexes!
  • Options
    I want to have sex. Right now.

Masturbation can only go so far.
  • Options

So beautifully put!

If kissing is the same as sex for you then maybe you're not doing it right.
  • Options
    I don't think its such a big deal, It is more like enjoyment than something to make a fuss about. I rather be loved than make love, but unfortunately most men are satisfied by physical contact. Women will tend to be more emotional about the situation. All depends on the person, but I again, think sex should just be for those special alone times, to be cuddly and have some "fucking" fun.