Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Celtic vs Artmedia Bratislava

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Will they overturn the five goal deficit at Celtic Park? :lol:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    as much as i love my celtic i don't think they'll overturn this eastern block side...gordon strachan will be the downfal of celtic, we'll see 9 more league titles in a row for the gers :shocking:
  • Options
    Nope :D . I watched the game and they were gash.

Although after what happened last season I guess you can never say never.
  • Options
    pinkstar wrote:
    Nope :D . I watched the game and they were gash.

Although after what happened last season I guess you can never say never.

you never though, celtic could rout the team 7-0, or they could get beat 5-0 again which i doubt
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    as much as i love my celtic i don't think they'll overturn this eastern block side...gordon strachan will be the downfal of celtic, we'll see 9 more league titles in a row for the gers :shocking:

8 was great, 9 was fine, but it's gonna be 10 in a row :cool:

Remember singing that on a school trip some place once, lol. Then we lost :nervous: .

Anyway...you could be right...celtic peaked under martin o'neil, did well in Europe, but domestically they couldn't dominate. MON did a good job, Strachan (a lesser manager imho) inherited the problems MON be facing right now, and even the Irishman would struggle. At the back Celtic look woeful, and all over the pitch players are getting on in terms of age. If they fail to get past Artmedia, then expect the next few seasons to be pretty dismal...unless, of course, celtic are able to do what we've done, which is use the bosman rule to the full advantage.

Oh and 4-4 today - worrying for celtic. 3-1 up then 4-3 down, last minute equaliser. I expect there'll be a few loan deals to strengthen the backline, or celtic look absolutely fucked this season.
  • Options
    I reckon Celtic might fail to even get 2nd place. Happened before mid-90's, with motherwell claiming second...if celtic struggle, hearts could steal it...
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    if celtic struggle, hearts could steal it...

'mon the Jambos ;)
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    8 was great, 9 was fine, but it's gonna be 10 in a row :cool:

Remember singing that on a school trip some place once, lol. Then we lost :nervous: .

Anyway...you could be right...celtic peaked under martin o'neil, did well in Europe, but domestically they couldn't dominate. MON did a good job, Strachan (a lesser manager imho) inherited the problems MON be facing right now, and even the Irishman would struggle. At the back Celtic look woeful, and all over the pitch players are getting on in terms of age. If they fail to get past Artmedia, then expect the next few seasons to be pretty dismal...unless, of course, celtic are able to do what we've done, which is use the bosman rule to the full advantage.

Oh and 4-4 today - worrying for celtic. 3-1 up then 4-3 down, last minute equaliser. I expect there'll be a few loan deals to strengthen the backline, or celtic look absolutely fucked this season.

aye we used to sing the song "we've got paulo di canio, you'll never get nine in a row, you've only got 8, you think you are great but you'll never get 9 in a row" or something like that, then you got 9 and it was like wat will we sing now, lol, i don't think a certain team will ever be as dominant now, i reckon celtic and rangers will keep swapping over the forseeable future

yea 9 goals in 2 games, not good at all
  • Options
    is anyone a celtic fan here?

what you guys think of Mo Camara? we used to love him at burnley but he isnt the best, he has flair and he's fast, looks dangerous going forward but his defensive positioning is awful! think he's gonna look out of place at your level...or maybe it goes to show there isnt much difference between championship sides and SPL teams.
  • Options
    I don't see celtic remaining this bad, but I don't know if Strachan is up to the job. Can't say as though I care, really, so long as our racist friends in Ibrox don't cheat their way to the title again.

I'd happily see both Rangers and Celtic have a crap season or fifty.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I don't see celtic remaining this bad

Agreed. Unfortunately it isn't a return to the early 90s, but it's a slip that will be enjoyed :D
    Kermit wrote:
    so long as our racist friends in Ibrox

Monkey suits and bananas for Mark Walters debut at Celtic Park. Worst display of racism in British football history etc. etc.
    Kermit wrote:
    don't cheat their way to the title again.

Titles are won on merit. Whether it be by 21 points, one point, or one goal, the championship is won by the best team :)
  • Options
    Monkey suits and bananas for Mark Walters debut at Celtic Park. Worst display of racism in British football history etc. etc.

*yawn*

For every racist Celtic fan, there are 10 racist Rangers vermin (I can't bring myself to call Rangers fans people). But that's not even the point.

You appear to be misunderstanding my position. I despise Rangers and all it stands for- that doesn't make me a Bhoy.
    Titles are won on merit. Whether it be by 21 points, one point, or one goal, the championship is won by the best team :)

Ah, it was pure talent that won those dodgy penalties, particularly the one in the 985th minute at Tynecastle then (oddly enough given by Hugh "Orange" Dallas, if my memory serves me right)? I thought it was just some cheating Rangers cunt not staying on his feet, but I must be mistaken.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    *yawn*

For every racist Celtic fan, there are 10 racist Rangers vermin (I can't bring myself to call Rangers fans people). But that's not even the point.

You appear to be misunderstanding my position. I despise Rangers and all it stands for- that doesn't make me a Bhoy.

Ah, it was pure talent that won those dodgy penalties, particularly the one in the 985th minute at Tynecastle then (oddly enough given by Hugh "Orange" Dallas, if my memory serves me right)? I thought it was just some cheating Rangers cunt not staying on his feet, but I must be mistaken.

Don't you see the glaring contradiction in what you're posting...

Either that and you're on a wind up...or you're a moron.

I'd probably go for the latter.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    is anyone a celtic fan here?

what you guys think of Mo Camara? we used to love him at burnley but he isnt the best, he has flair and he's fast, looks dangerous going forward but his defensive positioning is awful! think he's gonna look out of place at your level...or maybe it goes to show there isnt much difference between championship sides and SPL teams.

No-one's brave to admit so anyway... :cool:

With the exception of the Rangers and, at a push, Celtic - none of the SPL teams are above Championship standards. Mo Camara should be a decent SPL player - but whether he will be successful at Celtic is doubtful.

Unless Celtic can bring in someone who can bail Bobo Balde out when he's playing shit and who can also compensate for Camara's weaknesses - Celtic will struggle badly this season. And Camara could well be the scapegoat.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    at a push, Celtic.

i don't think the gap between the old firm is that much now, Celtic have been dominant over the past few years, lost the title by a couple of mins last year, ok it's a shaky start to the campaign but i think the two teams are pretty equal
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Celtic have been dominant over the past few years

McLeish vs O'Neill.

2001/02 - League, League Cup, Scottish Cup

2002/03 - League, League Cup, Scottish Cup

2003/04 - League, Scottish Cup

2004/05 - League, League Cup, Scottish Cup

That'll be seven trophies for Rangers and four for Celtic in recent times. Rangers have been the dominant team.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Don't you see the glaring contradiction in what you're posting...

Nope, I'm obviously so stupid that you'll have to point it out for me.

That, or you are using that old chestnut "Rangers aren't racist because Celtic fans threw a banana at someone in 1978!!11!1". Which would be good, except that calling Celtic racist vermin doesn't prevent Rangers from being ten times worse. As if everyone who despises Rangers is a Celtic apologist.

Or you'll say "but English clubs are racist too!!11!1 OMG!!11!1". And no doubt slate Bradford City (obviously the names Chris Kamara and Ces Podd meaning nothing to you).
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Nope, I'm obviously so stupid that you'll have to point it out for me.

That, or you are using that old chestnut "Rangers aren't racist because Celtic fans threw a banana at someone in 1978!!11!1". Which would be good, except that calling Celtic racist vermin doesn't prevent Rangers from being ten times worse. As if everyone who despises Rangers is a Celtic apologist.

Or you'll say "but English clubs are racist too!!11!1 OMG!!11!1". And no doubt slate Bradford City (obviously the names Chris Kamara and Ces Podd meaning nothing to you).

Isn't hating all Rangers fans because some of them are racist is the same as hating all blacks because some blacks are rapists/criminals/whatever? Same moronic logic.

Are you trying to take the piss? What the fuck do Chris Kamara and Ces Podd have to do with anything? Wow, Bradford have had black players...so have Rangers and even Lazio FFS. Means nothing.

What even makes you think Rangers fans are so much worse for racism than Celtic, Bradford or anyone else?