Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What's your preferred body type?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok anyone can answer this....what kind of body charactaristics do you find most attractive? I'll list a few....
slim, curvy, fat (i hate to have to use that word), muscular, skinny, long legs, short legs, small waist, broard shoulders....and so on....

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Lets also say what gender we are, to make things easier:)

As for me, I'm male....

I like curvy girls....skinny is horrible! God knows where women get the idea that men want size 6 women.

A nice chest also helps:D
    solid_L wrote:
    Lets also say what gender we are, to make things easier:)

As for me, I'm male....

I like curvy girls....skinny is horrible! God knows where women get the idea that men want size 6 women.

A nice chest also helps:D
    the media perhaps?
    i'm female, and like slim men who are toned but not all muscley. i also like tallness (my boyfriend is 6'2" and a bit so it works well). and i have a thing for a nice pair of arms. :yum:
    I'm female, and enjoy males.
    I prefer a medium height guy - I'm only 5'2" myself.
    I don't like hairy chests, or man boobs. I like toned flat stomachs. I like strong arms, that are also well toned. Don't like huge muscles.
    I prefer the upside down triangle shape on a man, I think aka Mesomorphs!

ETA: My definition of perfect male body

Ilora x
    curvy lady

mmmm nice hips
    I'm female, and enjoy males.
    I prefer a medium height guy - I'm only 5'2" myself.
    I don't like hairy chests, or man boobs. I like toned flat stomachs. I like strong arms, that are also well toned. Don't like huge muscles.
    I prefer the upside down triangle shape on a man, I think aka Mesomorphs!

ETA: My definition of perfect male body

Ilora x
    pretty much agree with you there :yum:
    small and slim girls for me :yes:
    Curvy, voluptuous, but not fat.

Skinny girls don't really do anything for me.
    solid_L wrote:
    God knows where women get the idea that men want size 6 women.

possibly from the shocking idea that different men like different things in a girl?

anyway, i like tall men, a little on the slight side. toned but not beefy. big muscles don't do it for me.
    thick is very nice. as they say. more coushin for the pushin.
    kaffrin wrote:
    possibly from the shocking idea that different men like different things in a girl?

anyway, i like tall men, a little on the slight side. toned but not beefy. big muscles don't do it for me.

He makes a valid point though, girls with a bit of curve tend to get chased more than the anorexic 6's of similar attractive qualities.
    Spliffie wrote:
    He makes a valid point though, girls with a bit of curve tend to get chased more than the anorexic 6's of similar attractive qualities.

i think it's a bit offensive to assume that every size 6 girl had a psychiatric condition.

i'd give you my beauty in diversity speech, but i fear it'd be lost on this board.
    I am a layday and i like men..i think...
    I like my men to have a bit of beef to them,once went out with a guy who was 6'2 and had a 28inch waist - didnt like that thought i might break him when we had sex or something...
    Dont mind too much about muscles but i hate hair!Namely hairy chests and hairy backs...Have to have a good pair of strong arms too...
    kaffrin wrote:
    i think it's a bit offensive to assume that every size 6 girl had a psychiatric condition.

i'd give you my beauty in diversity speech, but i fear it'd be lost on this board.

:yes:
    Tall with an atheltic body no big muscles something like this http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/Alison91/PDVD_068b.jpg
    I hate all these fucking comments about "anorexic size 6" girls, my girlfriend was a size 6 when I met her, she wasn't particularly curvy but she had a stunning figure, and a cracking arse, did I care ? No. Was she anorexic ? NO!

That's like saying all I hate all the fatties who stuff their faces all night long.

Stfu.
    Magazines are absolutely awful for publishing photos of lots of skinny women. Magazines in the past have pressured me to diet as the magazines made me feel thats how I should look. The TV is also bad for pressuring young girls to diet. For example, Hollyoaks. Alot of the girls in Hollyoaks are pretty and slim. Its just something I've noticed.

As for me, I like guys who are tall as I'm quite tall and I aint into these really horrible muscular guys as I think they look a bit minging. I prefer a nice toned, athletic body.
    yeah.. thats how i feel! i feel i have to be that skinny because everyone else is.. just because thats the way everyone on tv and magazines are
    im a size 8 and ive been told to put on weight....you just cant win! But ive got curves, im not straight up and down - and i have boobs thank goodness
    I like slim, toned, quite muscley guys of about 6 foot (i.e. my bf hehe). Though I dislike a lot of body hair (i.e. chest, back, arse etc) and biigggg muscles (i.e. Fran Cosgrove, 50 Cent..) muscley arms are always nice, of course :D

About a year ago I was a size 6 top, 8 bottoms, but I've randomly put on nearly a stone and my friends have said I look a lot better for it. But I don't know whether thats because they feel better themselves! Ideally, I like having curves, but I'd love to be toned.
    aah well im an 8/10 top and 8 bottoms. My boobs are the blame for the larger tops though lol. My weight stays more or less the same though, if it goes down (i went down 1/2 stone a few months ago when i was ill for over 3 weeks) it normally goes straight back on lol, but it doesnt seem to go over what i normally am. But it'll change when i get older :(
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Curvy, Good Legs...

Yeah, thats about it. As long as she isn't absolutley huge.
    I'm male and I like any lady who isn't generic.

I think it's because I try and read too much into someone's personality just from the way they look, which is a terrible thing to do of course, but if a lady conforms to the media-driven image of perfection I'll most often dismiss her as being weak of mind, boring or just a complete b!tch.

So, skinny girls do appeal to my narcissistic side as I'm skinny too, but really curvy girls appeal to me because of those curves, and I know that makes no real sense but it's just the way I am at the moment.

TBH, what really floats my boat more than anything else from a physical point of view is nice eyes and a nice smile, body type is largely irrelevant isn't it?? :chin:
    I hate all these fucking comments about "anorexic size 6" girls, my girlfriend was a size 6 when I met her, she wasn't particularly curvy but she had a stunning figure, and a cracking arse, did I care ? No. Was she anorexic ? NO!

That's like saying all I hate all the fatties who stuff their faces all night long.

Stfu.

welcome back...you gonna stay here this time?
    Body types? In a woman I guess I like curvaceous figures... Not somebody too skinny... eargh!

And men, normally like 'em built. I don't like them too scrawny.
    I'm female and i like hot guys.

A hot guy in my opinion would be, tall (6ft like ma bf),dark spiky hair,built(kinda like a rugby player), but i kinda like thin guys too, but not too skinny! i dislike hairy chests, beards and moustaches) and they also have to be muscley and perhaps have a six pack! lol, and there u have it, my perfect man.. :heart: :flirt:
    I like guys that are taller than me (not hard as im 5'2") and have nice eyes and personality, i dont think i really go on body types because my current bf is quite athletically built, but my ex is more rugby player size, so yeah. But if i was to choose my perfect man, he would be a mesomorph.
    My girlfriend is slim but has curves in the right places, fantastic. I've got another friend who is athletic though and only has a small B cup, and very small bottom, but I think that's nice too :p. And then I have another friend who is short and roudner (not fat at all) and has much more curve to her, and she's sexy too.

So I think girls in all shaps and sizes can look sexy, it really depends how they pull it off.
    It really does worry me how guys judge girls.

I'm a size 10/12 with hips and size 34DD boobs. I'm 5'8" too I would hope to think that is what guys would like.

It worries me when lots of guys gawp at size 8 women in magazines. :( I really do need some self esteem *sigh*

The description to me sounded mightily yummy. Looking at the photo in your sig, I'd say that a lot of guys would definately like you :thumb:. But than again, it all depends on the guy.
    I'm size 8-10 and I have slight curves I'm in the process of putting some weight on so I'm hoping to be curvier.
    So I think girls in all shaps and sizes can look sexy, it really depends how they pull it off.

i think you're right. it's not as easy as saying 'all curvy girls are sexy, but i don't like them skinny or bigger'. different people suit being different sizes. all size 8s aren't the same, all size 18s aren't the same.

but in the end, you can't please all the people all the time.