Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

"Love You"

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How would you feel if your boyfriend had been out for the evening with one of his girl mates and afterwards she text him saying it was nice to see him etc, suggested seeing him again soon ended it with "Luvu xxx" and he replied to her saying "yeh of course love you more x x x x" Would it bother you at all?

Comments

• Options
    In a word: Yes.

Some people just put "luv u" etc at the end of every text, but to put "love you more"? A bit dodgy methinks. So yeah, it would bother me a bit.

But that's just me.
  • Options
    Yeah it would bother me, especially as he wrote love and not luv.
  • Options
    Yeah it would bother me, especially as he wrote love and not luv.

Don't want to sound like a stupid, horrid boy but is this an important difference? Surely misspelling doesn't change the meaning of the word?
  • Options
    if I did that, my gf would be livid & probably leave me.

which is why I wouldn't :p

but yes, unless they're life long freinds & are like brother & sister, it's not very appropriate behaviour.

jon; generally (no idea why) luv is seen to be more freindly than love. Stupid text talk...
  • Options
    Yeh see I'm the girl mate. And I'm friends with his girlfriend and a bit confused tbh. Me and the guy have some background. We've been friends for 5 years. We've been the kind people that nothings ever happened between us, other than kissing and hugging all the time but everyone has speculated and a lot of the time its not happened because of bad timing. I think I need to talk to him. I don't know what he means.
  • Options
    Yeh see I'm the girl mate. And I'm friends with his girlfriend and a bit confused tbh. Me and the guy have some background. We've been friends for 5 years. We've been the kind people that nothings ever happened between us, other than kissing and hugging all the time but everyone has speculated and a lot of the time its not happened because of bad timing. I think I need to talk to him. I don't know what he means.

yeh, there could be a messy situation there... Talking to him to get things straight is definately the best option :)
  • Options
    Right. ok. I'm with you ... think i'm just slightly to old to fully understand all the intricacies of text talk

In that case yep, it don't look to good
  • Options
    :banghead:
  • Options
    'luv' is what most people write when its to their friends.

'love' is something completely different. It is something you write to your boyfriend/girlfriend only.

Thats always how its been for me anyway. I use 'luv' for friends and 'love' for my boyfriend.

I say love to friends, and tell them to stop saying luv because it's stupid :p but I'm just pedantic. If my girlfriend did it, would I be bothered? Not if it was a good friend of hers, if it was some new guy then I'd probably be wary.

It all depends how secure the partner feels tbh. Do you think that your friend has feelings for you then? I don't have romantic feelings for anyone other than my girlfriend but I still love them to bits - and I can be quite expressive about that. If it's out of character for him I'd say it was more an issue (because why the change?) - but if he's always been friendly and just says he loves you then his girlfriend will likely be used to it.
  • Options
    id be annoyed, not bcos she put luvu, but bcos he put love bk. He could've just put luv (whatever his name is)
  • Options
    He'd sooo get a bollocking. Oh yes.
  • Options
    Ad give him more than that!
  • Options
    oooh I get annoyed when my boyfriends puts a kiss on the end of his txts to other girls. I'd flip if he put love you more!!
  • Options
    I say love to friends, and tell them to stop saying luv because it's stupid :p

Ha yes i hate that 'word' :p Thankfully i don't know anyone that does it post 14, even in cards and stuff i write love though, doesn't mean i have a raging passion for any of my friends or anything though.

If your a bothered/confused about it you could casually mention it to your friend and then see where that conversation takes you.
  • Options
    yes it would annoy me.....i'd be suspicious - mainly because of how she replied
  • Options
    I'm seeing him tonight now so i'll talk to him. Thanks