Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Nice Happy Thread

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blagsta wrote:
    Me? I'm a cuddly pussy cat.
    with claws!
    I had completely forgotten about this thread!

What about Manchester? Pretty central city which should have some cheap transport deals on offer.

I suggest we follow MoKs advice and make further planning (date, time, place), once we've reached agreemeant on the location, through e-mail.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    But I want to meet RK... i've never met an NF member before.

But yeah, whatever. I'll pop along, you folks seem cool.
    I think I probably have met RK at a mutual church gathering, which is rather scary.

I'd be up for meeting you all. I'm afraid that I can't do weekends outside London though so I expect to be cast out since it seems you're mostly northern :(
    piccolo wrote:
    I think I probably have met RK at a mutual church gathering, which is rather scary.

I'd be up for meeting you all. I'm afraid that I can't do weekends outside London though so I expect to be cast out since it seems you're mostly northern :(

Indeed. I doubt I will be able to come seeing as you are all oop north and I'm probably in one of the most southern cities in the UK at the time. Shame cos i would have liked to have met Tal. ;)
    I can just see RK now turning up wearing Burburry, Adidas, weighed down in fake gold and aged about 14.
    Probably easier for you to hop over to Brussels Renzo. lol.

Come over and Ill buy you a beer here.
    lea_uk wrote:
    I can just see RK now turning up wearing Burburry, Adidas, weighed down in fake gold and aged about 14.

Blimey - thats a perfect description of me ..........

:yuck:
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Blimey - thats a perfect description of me ..........

:yuck:

:lol: You are RK now! Actually, your pretty much the exact opposite. Split personality?
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    :lol: You are RK now! Actually, your pretty much the exact opposite. Split personality?

Nah - he must be be my evil twin ..........

:impissed:

thats fantastic!
    i was thinking along the same lines ...we all have an weekend in at your luxury apartment overlooking those manicured gardens ...lots of books and brandy.
    all the reds IN the bed ...
    a few tokers there who would end up talking bollox all through the night.
    and what if diesel had still been around ...we could have been raided by the cia and the sas!
    we would have all been found guilty by the media and the common mind ...all the evidence being here of course ...
    Arent we all forgetting, it is often a bad idea to meet people u've met on the internet, even if u think u know who they are/ know them well. Before ya know it ur drinks been spiked and u wake up a bath of ice with a kidney missing.
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    Arent we all forgetting, it is often a bad idea to meet people u've met on the internet, even if u think u know who they are/ know them well. Before ya know it ur drinks been spiked and u wake up a bath of ice with a kidney missing.
    :lol: The percentage of times this happens in relation to normal, fine meetinds is tiny.

I've met stacks of internet people, and I am fine. I went to a London meet... i've met other net folks from other places... they are all fine.

Only thing was that one time... And that scar. But im sure its nothing. ;)
    im just sayin.
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    Before ya know it ur drinks been spiked and u wake up a bath of ice with a kidney missing.
    wow ...you party animal!
    oi. im all up for fun. just not with random people i meet on the internet... inless it was a rather attractive girl who enjoyed doing drugs .

Thats still very far as I'm in the west country. Mind you I've hitchhiked from Exeter all the way to Essex before...
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    oi. im all up for fun. just not with random people i meet on the internet... inless it was a rather attractive girl who enjoyed doing drugs .

Internet rapist perv. :p

Come off it dude, we aren't murders/rapists/kidney theives. If so, we might actually be trying to seduce you into this or something. Well, im not, and as far as I know no one here is.

Anyway, im 18, female, DD cup, and love smoking pot. ;)
    yet ur face party says ur 17 and male...
    I've been to plenty of thesite meets and noone has tried to murder me. Of course I'm always the life and soul of the party. :hyper:
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    yet ur face party says ur 17 and male...

Note the ";)". And of course, even my profile here says that.
    Renzo wrote:
    Indeed. I doubt I will be able to come seeing as you are all oop north and I'm probably in one of the most southern cities in the UK at the time. Shame cos i would have liked to have met Tal. ;)

If you wanted to meet me, then you'd make an effort.
    If I can make it all the way from Denmark, then you definitely can.
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    If you wanted to meet me, then you'd make an effort.
    If I can make it all the way from Denmark, then you definitely can.

Yes but you are going to be living in the UK at the time so it will be less effort for you at the time. I really doubt I could afford travel oop north. Come and visit me privatly ay? ;):p
    Renzo wrote:
    Yes but you are going to be living in the UK at the time so it will be less effort for you at the time. I really doubt I could afford travel oop north. Come and visit me privatly ay? ;):p

You're not thinking rationally.
    On top of being a regular poor student, I will also have to rebuild my wardrobe as I can't bring everything along. Therefore, you will have more money than me, and therefore you have to come, as your excuses aren't worth much :p
    NQA wrote:
    And give half of us rucksacks and the other half weapons :lol:

and who said playing CS was bad for you :)
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    You're not thinking rationally.
    On top of being a regular poor student, I will also have to rebuild my wardrobe as I can't bring everything along. Therefore, you will have more money than me, and therefore you have to come, as your excuses aren't worth much :p

pffft stick it all in a big suitcase, thats what i did. Maybe I can pop in on my planned 'tour' of friends central england during my reading week....
    Renzo wrote:
    pffft stick it all in a big suitcase, thats what i did. Maybe I can pop in on my planned 'tour' of friends central england during my reading week....

The space for it in the suitcase is not the problem. Trust me to have all kinds of suitcases needed. It's me not being allowed more than 20 kgs of baggage, which is insane. As just for my holiday in Turkey and to Israel, my baggage weighed 19,5 kilos - and that was light clothes only and shoes and stuff like that. Here I have to think about EVERYTHING.
    It's inhumane really.

Luckily I should hopefully be back home in October.

When is your reading week?
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    The space for it in the suitcase is not the problem. Trust me to have all kinds of suitcases needed. It's me not being allowed more than 20 kgs of baggage, which is insane. As just for my holiday in Turkey and to Israel, my baggage weighed 19,5 kilos - and that was light clothes only and shoes and stuff like that. Here I have to think about EVERYTHING.
    It's inhumane really.

Luckily I should hopefully be back home in October.

When is your reading week?

It was around week 6 of term one last year. So mid Novemberish i guess.
    In general then -

Who here think they'd be able to come to Manchester for a meet?
    And when approximately (no exact dates - just a month)?
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    In general then -

Who here think they'd be able to come to Manchester for a meet?
    And when approximately (no exact dates - just a month)?

I'd need somewhere to stay.....