Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Disengagement

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    1. You need to have an educated work-force to work under the circumstances you describe. I am talking about the plain worker who comes to Israel everyday to do manual labour - someone who without an education is highly unlikely to have a management job in an office.

Nobody said it is going to happen overnight. But as Gaza gets rebuilt many workers will be needed, from building construction to roads to other infrastructure.

As a matter of fact, if anything they will need Israelis as well as the locals to fill all the positions that are going to be available.

2. What Dead Sea products do the Palestinians produce?
    If they don't already sell Dead Sea muds, salts and other beauty products they should, seeing as they own much of shoreline of the Dead Sea. I know that Jordan and Israel make a nice trade of it.

Unless of course Israel is pillaging the Palestinian shoreline and selling Dead Sea Products as their own. Please tell me that is not the case...
  • Options
    You're not realistic.
    In the long run, your plan is quite possible.
    But the average family can't wait until all this has been set up.

Regarding Dead Sea products, I only know the Israeli stuff.
    Even what is sold randomly in Denmark, from the super expensive stuff to the supermarket ranges is all produced by Israeli firms.
  • Options
    Well then it is up to the international community to help the families responsible. It is certainly not beyond anyone's reach to make it happen. I don't think anyone could expect any 'new' country to do well from the outset if it has to start from a pretty precarious position.
  • Options
    Dont know.
    I see a difference between not being the world's superpower by day 1, and not even being able to provide the most basic of work for your population.

I thinl you'd be surprised how many Palestinians are actually dependant on jobs within Israel. Have it firsthand, that they themselves fear for the future -and at this point would wish for a blue passport.
  • Options
    Yes but the only reason they are dependant on Israeli jobs is because currently there is not a hope in hell of Gaza achieving anything resembling prosperity for as long as the occupation and the conflict remains. Hell, even poverty and malnutrition numbers are worse than much of Africa!

Once the occupation ends, and if the Palestinians are truly left to their own affairs the region will start regenerating immediately. And jobs will be created.

It's up to us to ensure the transition is as painless as possible.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Once the occupation ends, and if the Palestinians are truly left to their own affairs the region will start regenerating immediately. And jobs will be created.

It's up to us to ensure the transition is as painless as possible.

Seems as if your expectations to the PA are a lot more positive than what many Palestinians currently hope for.
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    You're not realistic.
    In the long run, your plan is quite possible.
    But the average family can't wait until all this has been set up.

Regarding Dead Sea products, I only know the Israeli stuff.
    Even what is sold randomly in Denmark, from the super expensive stuff to the supermarket ranges is all produced by Israeli firms.

poverty is not a reason for ruling over an area.....

its like saying we should able to govern somalia as they cant seem to do it themselves

the only peaceful way out of this would be for the israeli government to pull out bavk to the borders of erm when was it, anyway this would kill most recruitment to the many militant organisations by 5years or so, the only violence would be the the extreme right wing israelis who live in the settlements believing it to be thier god given right
  • Options
    poverty is not a reason for ruling over an area.....

its like saying we should able to govern somalia as they cant seem to do it themselves

the only peaceful way out of this would be for the israeli government to pull out bavk to the borders of erm when was it, anyway this would kill most recruitment to the many militant organisations by 5years or so, the only violence would be the the extreme right wing israelis who live in the settlements believing it to be thier god given right

You don't read what's written - but what you want to believe.
    I haven't questioned the disengagement. But rather the preparation for it.

May I ask what source you use to deem the fall of the terror organizations?
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    You don't read what's written - but what you want to believe.
    I haven't questioned the disengagement. But rather the preparation for it.

May I ask what source you use to deem the fall of the terror organizations?

from what ive learnt about the world, disillusionment and percieving a lack of future makes people willing to kill and be killed

they wont fall but they'd lose almost all of their poor kids who want to help palestine, who will then have something constructive

much like even if we saw a shift to a left wing israeli government theyd be some sadistic trrops still but there'd be less
  • Options
    Oslo was one of the first steps towards a peace - nothing happened out of it, but I wouldn't exactly say that Hamas has suffered due to a lack of members after Oslo.

Also, as Hamas' stated goal is to conquer the state of Israel - then I doubt that they as an organization will stop their activities once the goals which you have laid out, have been achieved.
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    Oslo was one of the first steps towards a peace - nothing happened out of it, but I wouldn't exactly say that Hamas has suffered due to a lack of members after Oslo.

Also, as Hamas' stated goal is to conquer the state of Israel - then I doubt that they as an organization will stop their activities once the goals which you have laid out, have been achieved.

yes you will not stop it entirely iys l;ike you can never have 0 crime however you will cut recruitment a lot, as lo of people will have something to work - a properious state :)
  • Options
    Then how come so close to the disengagement an 18 year old boy was on his way to Tel-Aviv with 10 kgs of explosives - when there should be that hope you're speaking about already?
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    Then how come so close to the disengagement an 18 year old boy was on his way to Tel-Aviv with 10 kgs of explosives - when there should be that hope you're speaking about already?

this isnt complete disengagement, this is disengagement from one of the 2 sections

and i didnt say itd put a complete stop to the probelms but it would stop a lot, there will always be people who are trying to stir up tension cause their power relies on the 2 sides not working together and arguing
  • Options
    It's just that things aren't quiet here at all - yet you seem to believe that they are to be so, and according to your words already should be.