Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Why are England so crap in the Ashes?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
They get paid, they train all bloody year, they are proffessionals, the best this country can produce and they're fucking useless.

Why are they allowed to be so crap?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think that is a bit harsh, for a while they were doing really well.

A few better catches and it would have looked a lot better to be fair.

I think we still have a chance in future tests...........
    Wasnt it 22 for 5! No team should be able to get us out that quickly.
    I think your being a bit harsh aswell, as toadberg said if we had taken our catches we would have actually had 27 Aussie wickets (in theory) and previous england teams haven't had the ability to bowl the Aussies out twice even.

You've also got to remember the Aussies are number 1 in the world for a reason, because they are the best test team in the world. I think we have the ability to compete with them and who knows we might even get something out of the series.

They have dominated test cricket all over the world for a lot of years now and with bowlers Mcgrath and Warne who not only have bags and bags of talent they also have bags and bags of experience. I think you could compare Harmison (when firing) to Mcgrath but we have no-one in the team who can bowl and out-wit batsmen like Warne and this is without his full range of balls due to previous shoulder operations. He puts the ball where he wants every time, even if he gets hit for six I can assure you 99 times out of 100 that ball pitches where he wants it to. This sets them apart from the rest of the world in my opinion.
    Shane Warne must be triple-jointed or something. It is quite amazing how he can manipulate a ball in the way he does.
    I know, we didnt do that badly I suppose, its just depressing, we had an alright start and then they came back and whipped us again, like they have done in every Ashes virtually since the bloody thing started.

Maybe we can just beat up a few of their players, or get Clarke to throw them under House Arrest for being foreign and too good at sport.
    Just got to wait to see how the rest goes.

If it were a footie match and we were 1-0 down to Brazil after 20 mins then we wouldn't give in, we would carry on trying to turn it around.

I reckon we will win a couple of tests...........
    cricket is piss!!
    zooby wrote:
    cricket is piss!!
    Why comment in a thread about cricket then??
    haha word. ^
    Channel 4's adverts weren't exactly prophetic :laugh::