Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

NHS Planning & how politics fucks you up...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Oh, I'm on a roll tonight eh?

I thought that this story was a good one.

Whilst I can understand the reasoning behind this move, and applaud the benefits it might bring, I do have to question the thinking behind the timing of the announcement.

This move will bring a large financial pull on PCT funds, most of it going out of the NHS to the pockets of Labour supporters/friends... sorry... private health companies.

So why wait until the PCTs have sorted their funding for a year before telling them that you plan to raid them again. The time when we assessed funding requirements for 2005/6 was November last year, we then comitted ourselves to spend the "increased" funding for this year - most of which goes back to the central pot for private contracts, increased NI contributions etc - and we've recently signed off our budgets.

Obviously today was the best time to spring this on us...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This move will bring a large financial pull on PCT funds, most of it going out of the NHS to the pockets of Labour supporters/friends... sorry... private health companies.

Oh shit here we go......

Expect the whole fucking lot to be steamrolled away in the next decade I reckon. Bad as it gets, accross the board.