Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

i'll be breaking the law in a few weeks ...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
the new anti terror laws and more specificaly the incitement to religous hatred draft ...mean that i will probably be breaking the law if i contue to try and expose the catholic church for its lies.
thesite.org will be forced to ban me.
i will no longer be able to say that the way i percieve god is the right one and yours is wrong because ...
even the catholic church will no longer be able to say to a hindu ...your going to burn in hell for serving the wrong god.
these laws are weeks away from being enacted ...are you not a little afraid ...that the talliban have actualy won their war against us and are now enacting religous laws?

Comments

• Options
    I'm terrified.

I'm terrified that people are not condemning the police.

I'm terrified that people think that "security" is more important than the right to a free life. That "security" is more important than the lives of other people.

I don't really expect this state of emergency to disappear for a very very long time. And people lap it up without questioning it for even a second.
  • Options
    how can thesite ban you for saying any of that?

drugs are illegal yet thesite doesnt ban you for talking about them
  • Options
    But it isn't illegale to talk about them, which is the difference.

When these new laws come into place it will be illegal to make "hate filled" comments about religions (and this could include jokes) and it will be illegal to "justify, promote" acts of terrorism...

Basically, something you say could earn you a custodial sentence...
  • Options
    I'm fucking doomed.
  • Options
    But it isn't illegale to talk about them, which is the difference.

When these new laws come into place it will be illegal to make "hate filled" comments about religions (and this could include jokes) and it will be illegal to "justify, promote" acts of terrorism...

Basically, something you say could earn you a custodial sentence...

why should it be illegal to attempt to justify an act of terroism? wont stop it happening!?

this government really does scare me but the peopel who nod along are even scarier

soon theyll be paying kids to snoop on their parents
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    I'm fucking doomed.

:lol: .........it will be interesting to see to what extent these laws are enforced, i suspect they will slowly turn the temperature up until the frog boils alive.......
  • Options
    why should it be illegal to attempt to justify an act of terroism? wont stop it happening!?

It's to stop people like Abu Hamza from [allegedly] recruiting terrorists and the bad publicity which surrounds them.

It's a PR exercise.

Which removes the right to free speech even more than the "inciting racial hatred" legislation does.
  • Options
    Hmmmm..... and what worries me is that almost any new piece of legislation will be passed in this country now, as long as it comes under a anti-terrorist heading.
  • Options
    I wonder when we can expect compulsary ID cards to come and kick us in the bollocks.
  • Options
    Who is going to draw the line, and where?

If I say I understand the plight of the Palestinians and why some of them choose to become suicide bombers, will I be breaking the law?

If I say organised religion has caused appalling suffering, misery and death throughout history and that I believe children should not be taught it, will I be breaking the law?
  • Options
    I wonder when we can expect compulsary ID cards to come and kick us in the bollocks.

Compulsory from 2013 apparently.
    Aladdin wrote:
    If I say I understand the plight of the Palestinians and why some of them choose to become suicide bombers, will I be breaking the law?

It depends on where you say it and to who, as I understand it. If it can be consider part of a recruitment process, then you're fucked.
    If I say organised religion has caused appalling suffering, misery and death throughout history and that I believe children should not be taught it, will I be breaking the law?

I don't think that is enough, if you can support the comment with evidence.

Basically the laws are supposed to be an extension of those related to "inciting hatred" which already exist so I suspect that the onus of proof is likely to be the same...
  • Options

Can I please have a source for that MoK? ID cards scare the shit out of me, i'm outta this country as soon as they become compulsory.......
  • Options
    apollo_69 wrote:
    Can I please have a source for that MoK? ID cards scare the shit out of me, i'm outta this country as soon as they become compulsory.......

Here, with the initial cvoluntary scheme being introduce in 2008...
  • Options
    Where would you go apollo? The US will be no different, nor Canada. Continental European countries, to the last, have had compulsory ID cards for years.

Not to say that I dont concur with your sentiments, I most assuredly do.

The Fourth Reich is coming on fast and hard like a juggernaut and this time it will be global in scope, not merely national.
  • Options
    Where would you go apollo? The US will be no different, nor Canada. Continental European countries, to the last, have had compulsory ID cards for years.

Not to say that I dont concur with your sentiments, I most assuredly do.

The Fourth Reich is coming on fast and hard like a juggernaut and this time it will be global in scope, not merely national.

if i really slog it out for 3 or 4 years with this part-time business i hope to be financially independent, and then i'll just bugger off to india as i am lucky enough to have citizenship, didn't think it would come in handy when i was younger, but how times change ay.........plenty of remote places to escape in india, of course it's not as easy as all that but that's the backup plan......

thanks for the link MoK, i heard they were issuing them with new passport applications as of next year so I'd better hurry up and renew my passport........
  • Options
    The more I think about it, the more I'd like to save up as much as I would need (not actually that much) and move to Goa to live the rest of my life in a happy drugged stupor. You might as well live on another planet there, for all the news you get from the outside world (and of course, for all the residents care about current affairs).
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    The more I think about it, the more I'd like to save up as much as I would need (not actually that much) and move to Goa to live the rest of my life in a happy drugged stupor. You might as well live on another planet there, for all the news you get from the outside world (and of course, for all the residents care about current affairs).

Think of the Snakes though :nervous:
  • Options
    Didn't see any the last time. Then again, I couldn't see much of anything ;)
  • Options

optional as in, dont want an ID card, dont update your drivers license, thus making them virtually compulsory
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Didn't see any the last time. Then again, I couldn't see much of anything ;)
    I'd probably see some. Whether they're real or flying out of my nipples is another matter though :p
  • Options
    Well apollo, good luck to you then.

Although, considering that the PNAC agenda of "war which will not end in our lifetimes", as you would see spelled out in even more frightening detail in Brzezinski's book The Grand Chessboard, is aimed at the all out hegemonic dominance of Eurasia (which includes the Indian sub-continent) by the US (and its hangers on), I certainly hope you don't unwittingly end up "escaping" to some isolated spot deep inside the global battleground itself.

Just a friendly warning for ya.
  • Options
    apparently the speed with wich these laws are now being pushed through is causing concern.
    hurried laws are never good laws.
  • Options
    I doubt the laws themselves were hurried though Rolly, merely dormant and pending the right set of contrived conditions in which to be rolled out as the "solution" for public (read: increased "elite") security.

Just one local facet amongst amongst countless others both concurrent and forthcoming in an active globalist agenda.