Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mushie laws & flyagaric

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wondering really, the lady in Dr Hermans said that whilst mushrooms and truffles will be made class A, flyagaric mushrooms and peyote will still be available and legal.

I was just wondering who's experienced these drugs and whether they'd recommend them.

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I've taken Fly a number of times and have really enjoyed it. I had the benifit of being introduced to them by somebody who knew what they were doing.
    Bare in mind that they have a pretty unpleasant side effect - you will be sick.

It's not a drug you can do anywhere either. You need to be with other people in quiet setting where you can remain undisturbed for at least 12 hours.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    yeah them fly agarics can really knock your socks off, i wouldnt take them without someone already experienced being there and definately not with people who do not intend on joining in

If they're that bad shouldn't you have a sitter though? (someone who stays off the drugs to keep the people on the drugs in control if anything goes wrong)
  • Options
    whats the trip like? What was the route? did you smoke, drink or munch? how long did it take to get back to base?
  • Options
    As I have said these are classed as deadly poisonous: http://www.rogersmushrooms.com/gallery/DisplayBlock~bid~5517.asp
  • Options
    kittiwoz wrote:
    As I have said these are classed as deadly poisonous: http://www.rogersmushrooms.com/gallery/DisplayBlock~bid~5517.asp

No Fly Agaric ARE NOT deadly! already told you once in another thread...

Yes other varieties of the same species are poisonous!

Why would people eat them? use some logic for once.
  • Options
    That book is quite a respected source and the reference is to that specific variety, not to other aminitas. People would eat them because they have the hallucinatory effects described by the book and because the vast majority of people who eat them do not die. They are classed as deadly because at least one death is attributed to them. I did not say you would die if you ate them. I said that they were classed as deadly. As you will if you follow the link this is true. Aminita Muscaria is classed as deadly poisonous. It is not a case of logic it is simply a recalled fact.
  • Options
    Ecstasy has a few deaths to it's name and people still take them all the time, as the risk factor is so insignificant, and as you say there's only been one death, compared to the thousands and thousands of people that must have taken them, then it really isn't much of a risk is it.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    kittiwoz wrote:
    That book is quite a respected source and the reference is to that specific variety, not to other aminitas. People would eat them because they have the hallucinatory effects described by the book and because the vast majority of people who eat them do not die. They are classed as deadly because at least one death is attributed to them. I did not say you would die if you ate them. I said that they were classed as deadly. As you will if you follow the link this is true. Aminita Muscaria is classed as deadly poisonous. It is not a case of logic it is simply a recalled fact.

Kittiwoz, see my post here in reply to the above.