Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Student Loan Entitlement

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Right. I got my things through saying about my loan entitlement for the coming year, and things like that, and was surprised to see I got less than last year. My dads income has gone down, I am getting more fees paid for me than last year but £300 less loan? Has this happened to anyone else, as I would have though I would have got more, not less.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Are you going into your third year? If you are that is probably the reason.
    I'm not going into my final year, I'm going on to my second year.
    How much less are you getting paid?
    What, in the loan, or generally?

I'm getting £300 less in my loan. I'm not sure about my Dads income, I know it was definately less than last year though because they seriously cut the overtime where he works.
    Is that 300 less for the year or per semester?
    For the year. According to the uni website though, the maximum amount we can borrow is £4195, which is £100 more than last year, meaning I'm £400 down on the total amount available, even though it says I will receive the full amount. Although it doesn't seem like much to worry about, thats half the tuition fee I have to pay.
    Maybe theres different amounts in each year, i think in my third year i had a few hundred less than in my second, though i can't be sure.
    I know you get less in your last year, but I was under the impression it was the same, if not higher because of inflation. Oh well.
    I'd give the loan people a call as there might have been a mistake somewhere down the line. Explain your situation and they might be able to give you an explanation for the amount you are going to be given.
    Yep, I agree with the above, phone the Student Loans company AND your LEA (I have found LEA to more helpful in the past) and explain the situation
    Its all sorted now anyway, they sent me a letter saying they reevaluated it and I'm getting what I thought I should be getting now.
    I bet that's a relief!