Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Role Playing Tests

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone ever had to do one of these?

I've got to in for one, along with a Computer test, for the Inland Revenue. I think I've got a rough idea of what it'll consist of, but was just wondering if anyone could give me a more detailed idea of what to expect.

Comments

• Options
    Yeah I've done something like this. Basically they are looking at how you resolve problems given set parameters. They aren't that difficult provided that you stick within boundaries and don't be afraid to sit and watch the group interact for a few minutes before offering an opinion and then take contol of the group if that it how it is arranged. Usually leadership qualities are seen as positive, especially if the assessor can see that you have considered your approach before acting.
  • Options
    Anyone ever had to do one of these?

I've got to in for one, along with a Computer test, for the Inland Revenue. I think I've got a rough idea of what it'll consist of, but was just wondering if anyone could give me a more detailed idea of what to expect.

I'm surprised they are taking anyone on at the moment. None of our leavers have been replaced for over a year now. What job title is it you are going for?? TFTA?? Contact Centres?? I might be able to find out more for you. In my interview all I had to do was punctuation & grammar and I also had to sort some numbers into order. Then I was called back for a proper interview a week later. This was a long time ago though. I don't think they will expect very much from you in the computer test, the systems are pretty old. I imagine it would be knocking up a document in word and a data entry test at the worst.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure it's the contact centre. I went in for the tests, then had an interview and then got a letter saying I was successful, but there were no more positions. Then, a week later got a phone call saying I could have a position in Livingston if I wanted one.

I'm not too bothered about the Computer test, I know my way around one pretty well, just wondered what the role playing test was all about.

Cheers for the help you two!