Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Boredom

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, heres the story- I've been looking ar ound for a while for a summer job, and haven't been able to find anything.

My parents leave for Canada with my younger borther on Thursday for 18 days and I have few plans.

I really really would like to earn money; but if all else fails I would volunteer but it'd have to be occasionally because I can't otherwise afford to get there.

I want to apply to Cambridge to study english with education- so editing/literacy work would be great if I had to head down the voluntary route; I know they don't look a great deal at extra-curricular but its subject related.

I would, really really, like to do some work tho- even if its just a few days- I have 2 days at my dads work and a couple of babuysitting dfates booked so a few more would really help.

I'm wondering if there is ANY thing people have heard of, schemes, national things? I'd be prepared to do typing/proof-reading/folding leaflets etc etc!! Would be prepared to have deliveries of suchlike and type up/data entry/collate etc.

I live in peterborough and don't have my own transport. I'm really running out of ideas here- I've looked at all the usual stuff- my local connexions place (they only do full-time permanent positions) jobcentre plus, local government, city council, local paper, recruitment agencies, advertising babysitting, online search engines....

AHHH!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yup, last resort I've found one or two possibilites...no specific summer placements so they'd have to be generous.

Cheers anyway :)