Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Graduation Outfit

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I dont know what to wear for my graduation, I was thinking a black trouser suit (because I hate to wear skirts) with a shirt probably a white three quarter length one.

Is any one else graduating/has graduated what are you going to wear or what did you wear.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Surely you'll be wearing a cap and gowns like everyone else? Best to wear something smart though, cause it will show underneath.
  • Options
    Yeah of course i'll be wearing a gown etc but I want something nice for underneath because we wil be going for a meal afterwards.
  • Options
    I assume you're not going to oxford, because they have guidlines for what to wear. But what you've said seems fine.
  • Options
    Pink_Angel wrote:
    I dont know what to wear for my graduation, I was thinking a black trouser suit (because I hate to wear skirts) with a shirt probably a white three quarter length one.

sounds good. i just wore black trousers and a black shirt. because i'm such a midget, and our gowns were so utterly massive, you could only see the bottom quarter of my troosers anyway.

some of the people who graduated with me were all decked out in snazzy outfits. i bet they cringed when they got the photos back and their skirt was already out of fashion. best idea is something smart, subtle and classic. especially if your parents are likely to put the photo on their wall for all eternity.
  • Options
    [QUOTE=kaffrinespecially if your parents are likely to put the photo on their wall for all eternity.[/QUOTE]

My last graduation photo was dreadfull, i had the dreaded double chin! (i'm only a size 12!), everyone in my family has had a copy hanging up on their walls for the past 2 years now. Fortunatly i have 2 more graduations before i give up on being educated and start to educate others (teaching), so i'm hoping by then this dreadfull photo will be replaced by a nicer one. :o