Home Work & Volunteering
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Stop the anti-abortion protests outside UK clinics

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There were protests of this ilk outside a clinic near me, the sign 'Abortions kill babies' struck me as stating the obvious. Maybe I was missing the point.
    signed ;)
    I remember they were holding a protest in my town. They had pictures/scans of the embryo/foetus on posters they had pasted round were they were protesting. But they also had horrific pictures of what a embryo/foetus looked like outside the womb with blood everywhere to help horrify the people that just wanted to shop peacefully with their children. I was just disgusted by that. I mean, I was with my niece at the time and had to make sure she didn't see that last picture as I know it would have upset her seeing something like that.
    ive signed -it's a difficult situation that is made more traumatic by experiences that the protests offer.
    ive signed -it's a difficult situation that is made more traumatic by experiences that the protests offer.

Yeah agree totally.
    Just signed. I agree to the right to protest and freedom of speech, but to harass and upset some one when they are in an extremely emotional situation such as having an abortion does not help.
    You say that all christians that protEst outside abortion clinics are harming or stalking the staff. Thats like saying all 18yr olds have sex.I am one of those people who stand utside abortio clinics and the organisation who i work with stands by the belief that we should be peaceful in our protest. In fact we don't say anything we just stand outside with tape saying "life" over our mouths.
    They also tell us that as we stand outside of the abortion clinics we should never judge the peopl working in or going to these abortion clinics.
    Like i said not all christians stand outside of abortion clinics with plaquards just the ones who don't understand that we shouldn't judge
    go_away wrote: »
    Are we allowed to post links to petitions? Mods can remove it if it's not allowed, not before I bad my eyelids lots :flirt:

It's cool but really fits in the choose action section so I'll shift it there - however you'll still have link in Anything goes
    Jim V wrote: »
    It's cool but really fits in the choose action section so I'll shift it there - however you'll still have link in Anything goes
    Jim! This thread is so old. It even has Jakey in it :(.
    Oh fucks sake - didn't see the date - I am such a noob
    did you guys find out if the petition did anything?
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Jim V wrote: »
    Oh fucks sake - didn't see the date - I am such a noob
    I did tell you this :p