Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Great News - Sexually Transmitted Infections Continue To Rise At Massive Rates

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
---

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    literally forcing 12-year-old girls to carry around condoms “just in case”

Source?

Have you considered that it may be more [relevant] education we need, not less?
    teaching 8 year olds about blowjobs and literally forcing 12-year-old girls to carry around condoms “just in case”

I shan't bother asking for proof of that because I doubt it would be forthcoming.

Sex education in this country is a mess. But that's because sexual relationships are not taught about at all. My sex education? "Right lads, don't."

Things were a lot worse in the "good old days" of "good girls don't".
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4637127.stm

Yet another kick in the teeth for the perverted, child-abusing sex ‘education’ infatuated fanatics.
    Child abusing eh? :rolleyes:
    When will these nasty people realise that teaching 8 year olds about blowjobs and literally forcing 12-year-old girls to carry around condoms “just in case”
    I'll join my fellow posters in raising my eyebrows about the veracity of that statement...

In any case, if sex education was to blame how come the rest of Europe is not rife with STDs?
    When will these nasty people realise that teaching 8 year olds about blowjobs and literally forcing 12-year-old girls to carry around condoms “just in case” actually does more harm then good? Never, is the answer.
    Literally forcing girls to carry around condoms in the same way we're apparently going to be literally forced to carry ID cards round with us? :rolleyes: Please, if you want to start a debate on what is an extremely serious problem, don't base it on hysteria and misinformation.

Yet another kick in the teeth for the perverted, child-abusing sex ‘education’ infatuated fanatics. When will these nasty people realise that teaching 8 year olds about blowjobs and literally forcing 12-year-old girls to carry around condoms “just in case” actually does more harm then good? Never, is the answer.

Chlamydia up by 8% (from 95,879 to 103,932)
    Syphilis up by 37% (from 1,641 to 2,252)
    Genital warts up by 4% (from 76,457 to 79,618)

:rolleyes:

Yet another kick in the teeth for the perverted, child-abusing sex ‘education’ infatuated fanatics. When will these nasty people realise that teaching 8 year olds about blowjobs and literally forcing 12-year-old girls to carry around condoms “just in case” actually does more harm then good? Never, is the answer.

So all teachers who teach sexual education are child abusers?
    bongbudda wrote:
    So all teachers who teach sexual education are child abusers?
    If he was saying that, it would be a very defamatory statement to make. How sad to see there are people out there who think in these dangerously simplistic ways. :(
    stargalaxy wrote:
    If he was saying that, it would be a very defamatory statement to make. How sad to see there are people out there who think in these dangerously simplistic ways. :(

I dont think he does see it like that though, he is what is sometimes refered to as a Troll. He says something provocative in an effort to whip us up into a frensy of excitement. Instead however all of us just dismiss him for being an arse.
    bongbudda wrote:
    I dont think he does see it like that though, he is what is sometimes refered to as a Troll. He says something provocative in an effort to whip us up into a frensy of excitement. Instead however all of us just dismiss him for being an arse.
    So, in a sense, by reacting in such a way, we've fallen into the trap? Oh dear... :(
    Kermit wrote:
    I shan't bother asking for proof of that because I doubt it would be forthcoming.

Sex education in this country is a mess. But that's because sexual relationships are not taught about at all. My sex education? "Right lads, don't."

Things were a lot worse in the "good old days" of "good girls don't".
    Now children, label the parts of the womb on this diagram for nothing else will equip you for life better than knowing what a fallopian tube is.
    Now children, label the parts of the womb on this diagram for nothing else will equip you for life better than knowing what a fallopian tube is.
    And despite told for years at school what a fallopian tube is, I've completely forgotten about it by the age of 20! There must be no hope for me sexually then. :rolleyes:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallopian_tube

I'm not sure it will help you get laid, though....
    NQA wrote:
    True. Women will be really turned on sexually if you know about their Fallopian tube, won't they? :rolleyes:
    NQA wrote:

I'm fairly certain sex education isnt there to increase your chances of getting 'laid'.
    bongbudda wrote:
    I'm fairly certain sex education isnt there to increase your chances of getting 'laid'.

No, we had PE for that. Sex Ed was to decrease our wish to get laid.
    NQA wrote:
    No, we had PE for that...
    :eek2: Would you like to explain?
    It was the only lesson I had where we could see the girls playing netball and hockey :naughty:
    NQA wrote:
    It was the only lesson I had where we could see the girls playing netball and hockey :naughty:
    I hated PE lessons, and that was usually the only redeeming feature of them at the time. I remember when a group of guys were talking to each other during the athletics term, and suddenly the girls run by on the circuit. The boys went utterly bananas.
    I fancied the teacher who gave me sex ed lessons. Sod's law. mind you, I was 11 at the time, so you've got to give me some credit.
    I know what you mean. They focus on sex but not relationships. Then sex becomes something seperate to a relationship.

Too true. Sex is something that diffuses throughout your waking life, the feelings and emotions being the most important part of it all by a mile. Are you taught how to cope with passion (can you be?) desire and love?

No.

You are taught the chilly mechanics as though you were all fucking engineers or something. While real-hate-shun-ships are not automatically the grounds for good sex and good living they are certainly the best way (I have found) to enjoy the best feelings that you can have as a human being.

Just my experience, doesn't mean it's true of everyone, natch.
    klintock wrote:
    Too true. Sex is something that diffuses throughout your waking life, the feelings and emotions being the most important part of it all by a mile. Are you taught how to cope with passion desire and love?
    No.
    You are taught the chilly mechanics as though you were all fucking engineers or something. While real-hate-shun-ships are not automatically the grounds for good sex and good living they are certainly the best way (I have found) to enjoy the best feelings that you can have as a human being.

While I uproariously agree with the latter half of your comment, the question regarding the lack of education on passion and how to cope with love is grotesque. You’re kind, like your nonconformist heroes of the past forget/forgot why schools and the education system were originally created:
    To teach children to read and write, learn about history and guide them using authority and discipline into responsible adults. Schools have remained the same for many years, but what is taught in them has now slid into the gutter side of chav. I for one do not need to be taught how to cope with passion, desire and love.
    Don't give up the day job.
    While I uproariously agree etc.

*yawn*.

Seeing as you are around again, are you going to back up your opening post with proof?
    Seeing as you are around again, are you going to back up your opening post with proof?
    Don't be stupid. That's slippy's job.
    While I uproariously agree with the latter half of your comment, the question regarding the lack of education on passion and how to cope with love is grotesque. You’re kind, like your nonconformist heroes of the past forget/forgot why schools and the education system were originally created:
    To teach children to read and write, learn about history and guide them using authority and discipline into responsible adults. Schools have remained the same for many years, but what is taught in them has now slid into the gutter side of chav. I for one do not need to be taught how to cope with passion, desire and love.
    In my personal experience... In this society desire, passion and love are second to materialism, elitism on an academic level and a sort of institutionalised form of totalitarianism. Overtly, school is to teach academics but covertly, we're taught to conform and become subservient workers for the government.

I think that parents put too much responsibility on schools on teaching children how to handle relationships, love and sexuality. Whilst children need to be taught about contraception, sexual preferences and STDs the adults should still take a part in the teaching... As they should with teaching their own offspring morals, helping to motivate them in life and learn to love.

We all know a lot of families have issues within themselves, but sometimes we seem to place too much responsibility on to authorities and blame somebody else when things fuck up.
    Other than born slippy's presentation. He has a point. STD's are up, teen pregnancies are up, what is to be done?
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Other than born slippy's presentation. He has a point. STD's are up, teen pregnancies are up, what is to be done?
    An AIDS scare should do the trick.

People think that it doesn't matter, the GUM clinic will fix them. People like the risk.

It's a mess, and I think British social attitudes are to blame. Education won't fix that. Sex is seen as taboo, something rebellious, and that's why young people are drawn to it. Teach kids how to do it whilst the Daily Mail teaches them its bad, and kids will go and do it to rebel.

The fact that people complain over a nipple on TV in this country is what the matter is.