Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Fever - HELP :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I haven't been feeling too well the last couple of days, and tonight I had the worst night ever (4 hurs of on and off sleep).
Just took my temperature, and it's 37,9 - which in my terms constitutes a mild fever.
Now, my throat hurts and feels a bit itchy and I feel kinda rough, but I don't feel horrible.
I have plans for tomorrow afternoon and the weekend out where I am supposed to visit friends at a summerhouse, then on wednesday next week we're all supposed to fly to Turkey for a week, so I HAVE to feel good for that.

Now, anyone knows anything which might "cure" me and my symptoms? Is it possible for a fever to exist without reaching a "maximum" (40+ celcius) - meaning that if my fever was under control tomorrow then I could still go and not risk it all returning before wednesday?
My mom is not around and I don't think I've ever been sick without her around, so I am more or less clueless.

Comments

• Options
    it's possible to just have a slight fever, yeah. if your throat is itchy, you might just be getting a cold, or a bit of a sore throat, so no need to panic just yet.

try drinking lots and taking a paracetamol or two (or whatever the danish eqivalent is ;) and see how you feel.
  • Options
    Id cancel meeting your friends tommorow and concentrate on being fit to fly next week.
  • Options
    I agree. It's impossible to tell at the beginning whether the symptoms will develop into something serious or not. If you push it now you might en up making it worse and missing out next week. Better to rest up and get better.
  • Options
    My temperature has fallen :yippe:
    On the other hand it is not unusual for me to only get fever during the night. So will only know if I am in bettering tomorrow. And yeah, I guess it is unwise to go to the summerhouse.
    On the other hand we're only there to chill, and maybe being a bit away from the city and lying on the beach would do me good. Oh, I don't know.

Thanks for the tips on getting the fever down. Any more?