Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bio Yoghurts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Everyone seems to be BI :banghead:edit: I dont mean on ere. I mean friends offline. Bloody pseudo bi-sexuals.

Comments

• Options
    Not a bad thing really, is it?
  • Options
    But it annoys me! The people I know have had no bisexual action apart from the odd drunken snog with a friend. I bet all these people end up with 2.4 children just like the rest.
  • Options
    can i just ask, why bio yoghurts???
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    But it annoys me! The people I know have had no bisexual action apart from the odd drunken snog with a friend. I bet all these people end up with 2.4 children just like the rest.

Shouldn't let it annoy ya so much *shrugs*
  • Options
    Full of friendly bacteria...:blush: I dunno. I made it up.
  • Options
    heh, hokely, i just wondered cos i was expecting a post on yoghurts :p
  • Options
  • Options
    i dont think you should let it bother you, i have a few gay friends and a few bi-sexual ones, i dont care what they, if they are happy thats ok, they're still the same person and they're still the same friend whether they're gay or not.
  • Options
    Its all stupid labeling anyway, I've yet to meet anyone who was truely bisexual, everyone prefers one side or the other most of the time.

I've not got a great deal of time who flash their sexuality around like a badge of pride. Its none of my buisness what or who you sleep with.
  • Options
    i think she's trying to say that these people are being bi-sexual just to make a statement, and that they will turn back soon enough. I wouldnt let it bother you. It seems to be one of the in things to do at the moment. I dont see how people can change their sexual orientation so easily, but it does happen.

i also dont like people who flaunt their sexuality like its a big thing, who cares if you like boys, girls or both. just be yourself.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    It's amazing that attitudes like this exist in 2005. :( You can be bisexual and be in a nuclear family. Sexuality is about what arouses you and eventually, who you fall in love with. It's not about sleeping around... It's just a shame people have kneejerk reactions like this.
    Its all stupid labeling anyway, I've yet to meet anyone who was truely bisexual, everyone prefers one side or the other most of the time.

Yeah, but becase say... You're 60/40 towards men doesn't make you heterosexual. Take a look at the Kinsey Scale.
  • Options
    Yeah, but becase say... You're 60/40 towards men doesn't make you heterosexual. Take a look at the Kinsey Scale.

I wasnt suggesting that at all, I was just pointing out that the term is, for virtually everyone who uses it actually false.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    I wasnt suggesting that at all, I was just pointing out that the term is, for virtually everyone who uses it actually false.
    How can it be false?
  • Options
    How can it be false?

Because they are not, bisexual, the make up of the term implies equal weighting to both sides, which isnt true.
  • Options
    I think that bongbudda is probably right.

But why be fussed? It's awfully santimonious of you Rachel. What harm is it doing?
  • Options
    Bi the way
    bongbudda wrote:
    Because they are not, bisexual, the make up of the term implies equal weighting to both sides, which isnt true.
    No it doesn't...

Wikipedia definition
    In human sexuality, bisexuality describes a man or woman having a sexual orientation to persons of either or both sex (a man or woman who sexually likes both sexes; people who are sexually and/or romantically attracted to both males and females). Bisexuality is also synonomous with ambisexuality.

It doesn't say you have to be attracted to both sexes equally.

The site FAQ
    Bisexuals have to like both men and women equally

Wrong - There is no right or wrong way to be bisexual. You are the person who determines your sexuality. If you only date girls but are also attracted to guys, you can be bisexual. The same goes for people who date guys, but still like girls.

Some people believe that your sexuality is always changing. If you are bisexual, you could be attracted to men and women at different points in your life. It is the individual you find attractive, not their gender.

This site is good too... If anybody's interested.

And I agree with Kermit, what harm is it doing? You can be bisexual and hold down a same sex relationship or one with the opposite sex. It's sad that bisexuality has such a stigma because it means that bisexual people aren't as accepted in either the gay community or the straight ones (which, sadly enough do still exist... Maybe one day we won't really recognise sexuality as anything 'normal' or 'abnormal'.