Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Introducing thesite oldies so you'll know whos who-

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    surely an oldie should be someone who joined ages ago, and not the post count, look at mine its pretty poor.
    Of course - the post count thing is lame cos loads of nubs are post-whores. You get to be an oldie 'cos you've been here yeeeears & everyone knows you. :yes:
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    piccolo wrote:
    Of course - the post count thing is lame cos loads of nubs are post-whores. You get to be an oldie 'cos you've been here yeeeears & everyone knows you. :yes:
    Everyone knows me ;p
    and just who are you? :p
    quarfly wrote:
    and just who are you? :p
    I'm the residant Pirate.

you are the residant weirdo that makes no sense.
    piccolo wrote:

The trouble with newbies like stargalaxy is that everyone knows them too, because it is impossible to avoid them.

Oh well.
    Hi i'm Jon I've been an alco . . . oh shit that's not what we're doing?!?!

Bah! I'm not THAT old but judging by some of the register dates on this thread i'm starting to get on a bit now. Pretty sure my post count doesn't meet the 1000 requirement either but by posting this i'm one step closer.

Very irregular poster don't really know anyone on here and pretty sure i'm not noticed that much seeing as my user name is fairly banal but you might notice me pop up from time to time, usually with something pretty pointless or unhelpful :p

There's something very reassuring in the fact that no matter how long i go without checking these boards whenever i do SG's still getting a bashing ;)
    Jon_UK wrote:
    There's something very reassuring in the fact that no matter how long i go without checking these boards whenever i do SG's still getting a bashing ;)
    Well, you need not worry about that for much longer.
    Jon_UK wrote:

Yeees... :yeees: ...how lame....
    Yeees... :yeees: ...how lame....
    See, this Jon_UK character has never even met me, never spoken to me on PM, never said anything to me on the boards, yet feels he has every right to make judgement. Who the hell does he think he is? :mad:
    stargalaxy wrote:
    See, this Jon_UK character has never even met me, never spoken to me on PM, never said anything to me on the boards, yet feels he has every right to make judgement. Who the hell does he think he is? :mad:

Shhh...he's jumping on the oh-so-cool anti-SG bandwagon...I'm thinking of hitching a ride...but I hold you very highly.

Depsite all the arguments that break out between certain peoples...I think it should draw to a close...a treuce to not drop a petty comment in. Yeah it's not real life, it's the internet, but that doesn't mean that when you're being 'yourself' on here, when you're offering help, dropping in a random comment like everyone else does on here...it should inititate an argument that just takes cheap digs as the 'normal' targets. Because, people don't come here for that. We're meant to be a community but some members get segregated...and they don't come to close to the crap the trolls spill out or those 'annoying newbs' who are settling in. If anything, some, like SG, have a personality - like Kermit, Rolly, Pirate, Renzo, Fiend, GWST, Lea, Nicebutdim...and many many others...are just distinctive...plus it gets old really quick and the digs are just so...petty quite a lot of the time, it just clogs up some threads with childish crap...and that all swings in both directions - it's a give and give back thing sometimes. Be nice if it'd just stop, so members like Tweety and SG don't feel the need to go, because the digs actually do bring them down or make them feel enough is enough and leave.

And that was Malts special moment there. Appreciate peoples. Deep.
    Certain people on this site, when insults and jibes are made, often like to claim that anyone who takes criticism and flaming on this site seriously is being silly and
    needs their head examined. Yet, has it not occured to them that people don't like being told to jump off a bridge, just one of the attacks made against me, for example? Sadly, it always seems to be a small minority who give me a hard time. And increasingly, it isn't just me. Anyone who's starting out on this site is flamed mercilessly, anyone who holds views slightly different to everyone else is attacked. Whatever happened to free speech?

I admit I'm not a perfect member and that I make mistakes. When I do that, you can lay into me anytime. It's attacks that are made for no reason that bother me. The rules do say "Please respect the opinions of others. Just because you don't agree, doesn't give you the right to make personal attacks on that person. Racist, hateful, defamatory or otherwise illegal posts are not suitable.". All I want is for people to keep to the rules.

If I make a mistake, fine, you can criticise me for that. But people, can you please cease with the endless personal attacks? If you have a problem with me personally, contact me privately or put me on your Ignore list. But I think everyone here, me included, should be able to come onto this site without having to worry about whether or not they're going to get flamed.

:)
    Hi my name is Dr Pirate and some people (who need an eye test) think I'm sexy.
    Dr Pirate wrote:

He's a cute pirate... :heart: ...he needs to deal with it... :p
    He's a cute pirate... :heart: ...he needs to deal with it... :p
    He's not bad looking from a male perspective, but those fingernails of his do worry me. ;)
    He's an ugly pirate... he needs to deal with it...

I concur :yes:
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    I concur :yes:
    Don't put yourself down, Pirate. :)
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Go on... put yourself down, Pirate.

k2u.
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    Why thank you so much Danny for that. You know, I am too harsh on myself. That's what this pirate business is like. I love you... ah, let's not get hysterical here.
    Scary, but thank you.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I'm gonna sit here and spout off some jibberish then probably get flamed by the infuratingly annoying Fiend_85

:p
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    You will of course talk in the most intellectual of terms that a simple pirate like me could not comprehend. Then be flamed by a lovely wench.
    Such is life on TheSite, it seems.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    unfortunatly, I cannot think of anything whitty to come back at such a stupid ignorant pirate with, so I bid you adué
    ;( fair enough.
    Hi, I'm Franki etc. People like me, apparently. Can't see why. Anyway, erm, feel free to PM me about anything, like Hermione said apparently I'm a good listener. I also give lots of advice that I don't take myself.

Hurrah for me and the like.
    ur cool and i like the fact u can give advise im like u i give advise but i don't follow it tmb some time
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    You are sexy. Now quiet.

SG: I think Jon_UK was making an observation rather than jumping on the anti-SG bandwagon. But that's just my perspective on it.

cutie101: I'm not cool :p, but thank you :).
    Jon_UK wrote:

Well actually that was supposed to be sarcastic and in your favour (don't worry, wont happen again!!!) - obviously came accross completley the opposite . . . perhaps irony comes with facial hair and a deep voice?
    stargalaxy wrote:

Well I made a judgement about how other users treat you on this board so i don't see how me never having had contact with you would make a difference. There was no personal attack . . . in fact I meant it as a criticism of the board bullying that always seems to happens here. But to be honest no matter which way you take it your reply still makes no sense.
    Yeees... ...how lame....

:blush:

... and i see this place hasn't changed a bit - see you all in 6 months when i next get taken over by morbid curiosity :p

EDITED: to take out my little rant at malteser monkay
    SG: I think Jon_UK was making an observation rather than jumping on the anti-SG bandwagon. But that's just my perspective on it.

Damn I wish i'd read that earlier, would'nt have bothered replying! Oh well . . .plodding on to 1000 :p
    fiend is my female lover
    Jon_UK wrote:
    Well actually that was supposed to be sarcastic and in your favour (don't worry, wont happen again!!!) - obviously came accross completley the opposite . . . etc etc...

I apologise IF it was meant to be sarcastic, just didn't come across that way. Just sounded a bit like a jab at SG's expense. So I'll admit I'm wrong if I read it differently, as did SG by the looks of it - just didn't seem like sarcasm to me.So I do apologise. Was also peeved as others seem to be taking digs at SG...and he rarely gets defended.

I don't mean it to sound like digs at you. But as I saw it differently, I see it as give what you get which is why I commented back. Half the time, SG and other members who do get grief here, don't warrant it. Yeah, practice what you preach but there's not people constantly giving you grief.

So...yeah. Not a lot else I can say really.
    jake0 wrote:
    fiend is my female lover

orly?
    Damnit i feel bad now . . . you weren't supposed to be all reasonable about this