Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Married couples should get tax breaks

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Who sold you this line of shite?

Maybe the same person who supplies you in abundance. I'm probably suffering from the overspill.

Ever see the fast show? "Competetive dad" springs to mind....

Bit of a daft comment, yeah?

a 'macho man' and a 'competitive dad' are not one and the same in any case.

I have seen few couples were the woman wasn't the dominant one. to carry on from your original assertion, a married man is inherently a beta male. If he was truly "dominant" he would be shagging around like a rabbit and would have no need for what would be a crappy, time-wasting pair bond.

So where have i said a "married man" is "inherently dominant"? The desire is there, consciously or unconsciously, to be dominant.

The reason you don't know many couples where the woman wasn't dominant, is probably because of your own social circle's social composition. In my social circle, the opposite is true.
    Not that you are typing anything like sense anyway..... :rolleyes:

Well it's certainly never bothered you before.
  • Options
    Maybe the same person who supplies you in abundance. I'm probably suffering from the overspill.

So you agree you are talking shite, fair enough. What's your new position?
    Bit of a daft comment, yeah?

Yours was, certainly.
    a 'macho man' and a 'competitive dad' are not one and the same in any case.

Well, in the absence of any definition from you, I just made up my own, perhaps in future you should be more clear or something. Up to you, obviously.
    So where have i said a "married man" is "inherently dominant"? The desire is there, consciously or unconsciously, to be dominant.

You were blathering on about the need for a dominant man as a father figure kind of thing, hang on -
    To be the dominant male is the inherent, evolutionary desire of the male pysche...being "macho" is inkeeping with our 'base nature'

It's common sense that to be brought up around a fairly "macho" father is going to assist his children in being assertive, successful, having strong self-image etc.

So you agree that married men are all beta males and therefore unable to show dominance to their kids? Or was my original reading right, that married men were dominant in your eyes. and therefore has already been refuted?
    The reason you don't know many couples where the woman wasn't dominant, is probably because of your own social circle's social composition. In my social circle, the opposite is true.

No, it's because I am paying attention. I could walk you around your local supermarket or pub and find you a 9:1 ratio at least. Also you have misquoted me, I said that women were the dominant ones in almost all married couples.
    Well it's certainly never bothered you before.

Sorry, what are you on about?
  • Options
    Marriage, or at least a loving stable man/woman relationship, should form the building blocks of a civilised society, who hopefully will bring their children up as proper decent human beings who make a positive contribution to society.
    Tax breaks are already given to so many perhaps less deserving causes that I believe they most definitely be given to such couples.
  • Options
    A civilised society - shagging your mum's sister. Errr...
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    A civilised society - shagging your mum's sister. Errr...
    I didn't.