Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Saw something really strange...

SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
Earlier as a mate and I were taking the 'jooks' for a walk we saw several strange blue glowing lights down by the stream and bog.
Got back to my mates caravan and explained what we saw to his old man and he reckoned it was 'Hinky Punk', but didn't explain any further.
I've googled but without much success, anhbody ever come across anything similar?
Weekender Offender 

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bizarre.

The forest was quite misty this evening, though.

Not marsh gas or owt, it being a bog?
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinkypunk

Or maybe just people fucking about? Could be anything, so much we don't know about the world...
  • Options
    Could have been anything.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Or maybe just people fucking about?

I doubt it.

In the middle of fucking nowhere quite clearly we saw a blue glow only 20ft or so away. It glowed on on off several times.

Very strange.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Aliens, eh skive?
  • Options
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Earlier as a mate and I were taking the 'jooks' for a walk we saw several strange blue glowing lights down by the stream and bog.
    Got back to my mates caravan and explained what we saw to his old man and he reckoned it was 'Hinky Punk', but didn't explain any further.
    I've googled but without much success, anhbody ever come across anything similar?

wtf are 'jooks'???

Hum well my guesses would be either marsh gas but thats unlikely or some kind of weird light refraction by the mist.
  • Options
    i saw something odd two nights ago, was on worthing beach at night and was looking out to france, kept seeing loads of what looked like explosions in the sky towards france that were lighting up the entire sky, even though it wasnt explosions, it was odd
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote:
    wtf are 'jooks'???

Dogs.

Apparently what I could have seen was wil o'the wisp?
    I always thought that was bollocks though.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    jake0 wrote:
    i saw something odd two nights ago, was on worthing beach at night and was looking out to france, kept seeing loads of what looked like explosions in the sky towards france that were lighting up the entire sky, even though it wasnt explosions, it was odd

A storm perhaps? Or hte French navy testing a new weapon! Fear them!

I've seen odd stuff, and come to the conclusion chances are, I will enver know what it is. So meh.
  • Options
    omfg I seen some wierd shit near where I live like several times...

Once I saw this creature that looked like an alien dog with long arms crawling up a bank and it seemed to be trying to hide... Y'know like in Metal gear Solid with those invisibility suits?

Another time I was walking home and saw a creature about two foot tall that was like a minature human walk past.

Can't remember whether I was stoned or not.
  • Options
    Um. Wilo' the wisp springs to mind. I heard that they are something like puffs or wisps of gas that spring up from the bog/marsh. Could be what it was.
  • Options
    Just found this..

"Much atmospheric methane is biological in origin. Bacteria produce methane in the absence of oxygen (the so-called "anaerobic" bacteria). It is these bacteria that decompose the plant and animal refuse in wetlands and marshes (other names for methane include "swamp" or "marsh" gas, although the fumes come mostly the hydrogen sulphide mixed with it). Wetlands are currently thought to produce about a fifth of the world's total emissions of methane each year (around 115 million metric tonnes, based on 1991 figures)."