Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

New Date, New Problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all,
I met this girl at a fair, while she was with her best friend who happens to be a good friend of one of my friends. (Confusing for some reason. lol.)

Anyways, we hit it off really well at the fair, and she asked my mutual friend of hers for my number which he gave (And he told me she was quite 'smitten' with me.).

She called, I called her back, then me, my mutual friend, her, and her friend all went to a movie last night. She was nice, personable, I offered her popcorn, she offered me snocaps, but she didn't really talk much for the most part to me, but didn't really have a problem carrying on one with my mutual friend or her friend. I mean, she didn't seem uncomfortable at the movie, we were sitting close to each other, nothing bad happened, I don't know if she is just shy, or isn't interested anymore, or what.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If I'm at a movie (very rare), I normally say very little and enjoy the viewing. What I'm sure that is important is the the talking that takes place after. Talking about the movie is a good conversation-starter and see where it takes on from there.
    i recon you should ask her to go for a walk or somethin...just something thats laid back where theres space (like a park) and u can just talk and get to no her...some times cinemas and shit can be nerve making!!!so do something where she can feel chilled out and just chat!!!good luck xoxox buy her an ice cream if its hot!!!hehe
    she's not really likely to talk a lot during a film...! so i wouldn't worry about that.
    she's not really likely to talk a lot during a film...! so i wouldn't worry about that.

The worst thing when I've gone to a film with a girl is they always whisper to you something they found stupid or funny about it whilst your watching it, so you try to listen to them while watching the film, but you can't hear what they're saying so you can't reply properly, just keep repeating 'pardon', in which time you miss the film. Catch 22 situation!

Try something a bit more active, like ice skating, or bowling, or going for a walk with a picnic.

:yes: do something where you can chat.

my boyfriend and i went window shopping for our first 'date' sounds boring but it was great cos we just wandered around and talked and joked about what we saw, the people etc.
    Agreed,do something where she's got to chat more with you.I think the fact that you say she was chatting OK with the others but not so much with you is not a bad sign though,it's probably because she feels a lot more for you and would like to think of you as more than just a mate,so is shyer and cares about what you think about her.I'm sure everything will be fine.Good Luck! :)