Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The pill...im a beginner who needs advice!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i went to my local family planning clinic (fun!) on saturday and am now on microgynon 30...but im feeling really sick all the time!is this normal?is my body just getting used to it?ahhhh help i feel ill!if u have any experiences of ur own or advice pls help! xoxox

Comments

• Options
    xpinkicex wrote:
    i went to my local family planning clinic (fun!) on saturday and am now on microgynon 30...but im feeling really sick all the time!is this normal?is my body just getting used to it?ahhhh help i feel ill!if u have any experiences of ur own or advice pls help! xoxox

Personally I didn't get those symptoms when I went onto M-30, and that was 2 months ago.Is there anything said in the little instructions leaflet thing that might suggest this happens in some cases? I'll try and dig my out and have a gander also :)
  • Options
    firstly are you 100% sure you're not pregnant? everyone is affected differently on the pill...and each different pill can affect people in total oppsite ways so it's hard to tell.

it can take months for the pill to settle...took mine 6 months before i stopped breakthrough bellding but other people are fine.

sorry is not much help. go back to your doc if it continues for too long. and remember if you're sick or have diarreah when taking the pill it will be less effective and you need extra protection (condoms )for a week after the sickness finishes.

oh and i did feel sick on mine for a while.
  • Options
    I felt quite sick when i first started taking my pill.
    I asked my nurse and she said it was normal. She also suggested taking it in the evening so i felt sick in the night, and was asleep so wouldnt notice.
    If it doesnt go away though, just ask to change pills, sometimes people try different types before it works for them.
  • Options
    i dunno its just a weird sickness and it makes me feel shitty on and off during the day...i suppose i could take it at night but then im more likely to forget.thnx so much for giving ur opinion!xoxo :heart::heart::heart:
  • Options
    Okedoke, I'm back, have had a look over the leaflet - and here's potential side effects :
    • bleeding/spotting between periods
    • headaches
    • feeling sick, being sick, and stomach upsets
    • sore breasts
    • depressive moods, loss of interest in sex
    • changes in weight
    • poor tolerance of contact lenses
    • chloasma (yellow browny patches on skin)

To be honest, as you've just begun on the pill - the body is encountering the hormones being added via the pill, I think it's natural you're gonna feel a little bit ill. Some of us escape, some don't.

Malt x :)
  • Options
    thank you thank you!uv really put my mind at rest!xoxox :heart:
    its really nice to talk to someone who can gimi a good point of view none of my friends are really that sexually active or on the pill!so thank you xoxox :heart:
  • Options
    For the first month I felt a bit sicky every day for the whole 3 weeks :eek:
    After a while I got used to it in a way because I knew it'd always strike at the same time of day and it'd go after a while. I also found that eating a little bit did help it go away faster or ease the symptoms.

After that though I've not had it since touch wood :)
  • Options
    I threw up the day I started taking microgynon, then felt sick for the rest of the week. I promise you it settled down after a couple of weeks though :) You should be fine soon.
    (Just watch out for mood swings, they're commen when you start the pill too).
  • Options
    I was sick and nauseus for the first 3 weeks of taking Microgynon. It's just your body getting used to it, nothing to worry about although it's not pleasant :no:
  • Options
    thank you to everyone!

thnx to everyone who made the effort to write i was feeling a bit worried and u all helped alot...my silly bf just thought i was moaning as per usual but its nice to no im not crazy!!!!xoxoxoxox :heart:
  • Options