Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Feel like crap...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys. I apologise in advance for this rant but I realy need to vent some frustration as this is making me feel like crap.

About 4 months ago a girl emailed me from faceparty and we got to talking. I very quickly started to get on extremely well with this girl. We used to talk on msn for several hours a day, we talked on the phone all the time, txt each other etc. After about a month or so she told me that she really liked me, as more than just a friend. I was absolutely overjoyed when she said this, as i dont have much luck with girls, and as far as i was concerned, she was absolutely perfect. The next few months I felt happier that I had in a long time, and we got on so well, the only problem was she lived about 3 hours drive away, but i was going to go and visit her, she was gonna come visit me etc.

Anyways, the other morning I wake up and turn on my phone to find a txt from her, saying that she'd been lying awake all night thinking, and she'd decided that she fancies her best mate from home. This has really fucked me up, and I can't stop thinking about it.

I've been in situations before where girls I like hook up with other guys, so the feeling isnt alien to me, but this was the first time a girl has ever confessed to actually like me as more than just a friend. Even thought nothing has actually happened between her and her frined yet, i dont think shes even told him, all i cant think about is them being together etc, and it's making me feel like shit. I know it's pathetic for me to get so worked up like this over someone I never even met, and probably had no future with, but i just feel like total shit.

I really don't know what to do now, I just feel so lost, my self-confidence has really taken a kicking, not that i had any to begin with. Any help or advice would be welcomed.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    it isnt pathetic - as even tho ud never met this girl you'de made a real bond with her. It's probably to do with the fact that this other guy is closer to her. long distance relationships from the beginning can be very very hard, harder than if 1 of the couple moves away part way thru the relationship. Dont lose her friendship tho - text her back+tell her you still want to be mates!