Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Chester

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Righty im off to chester on friday till sunday this coming week. Off to the Zoo on sat, but any one know of any good places to go when we get there in the afternoon, or on a night?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    there's cheshire oaks, which is only about a 10min drive from chester (dunno if you can drive or not, sorry), which has cinema, bowling, a nightclub called DEstiny+Elite (2 nightclubs in 1, over 2 floors), lots of restaurants and shops for the afternooon.
    Also, you can go on a boat ride on the River Dee in Chester which is meant to be nice! Shopping is good their for the afternoon+There are; weatherspoons, yate's, revolution and RB's Nightclub in the city centre!!
    Hope that helps
  • Options
    Were going on the train (my mate kinky boots and i) because we dont drive. What are taxi fairs like? Just a guide would be handy. Our hotles just on the out skirts i belive.

thanks for the shopping places, think we'll have to get there early morning!!
  • Options
    I live about 20 minutes away from Chester.

There is loads to do there, like sugar_mouse has pointed out, there is a designer outlet. Its at Ellesmere Port and its called Cheshire Oaks. Its great there for restarants and clothes shops.

Chester city centre is also very good for shopping and there is lots of good pubs and clubs too.

Have fun!
    Where do you live???
  • Options
    Chester is a very pretty city... I live around 12 miles from it. Go to the jazz club
  • Options
    I think there's a shuttle bus to the zoo from the railway station. There was last time I found myself in that part of the world.
  • Options
    There's also a bus (several? it'd be easy to find out) from the city centre to Cheshire Oaks, although I found it pretty boring it's probably a lot more interesting if you've got money to burn. You might even be as "lucky" as we were and see Nick Knowles...how I contained myself, I don't know ;)

The city itself is good for shopping, and appealed to me much more than CO purely because it had little, interesting shops and a lot of character. You can walk around the city walls, and also visit the castle which we did. There's a Military Museum in one of the wings, although whether you'd be interested in seeing that is another thing...we arrived too late to make it worth our while, anyway.

As sugar_mouse said, the River Dee is really nice. We had lunch and then drinks at a pub right down on the riverside and there were boats going past all the time with daytrippers and general frolic-ers :) It's something I'd have really liked to do if we'd negotiated it into our time-frame, as we had the weather for it! It's something I'll definitely do next time.
  • Options
    Oops i never saw this post.

I live in Chester, well in a village on the outskirts.

Hope you had a nice time.
  • Options
    CHESTER ...2,00 years of history ...very pretty ...extremely boring.
  • Options
    Hey, We had a fantasic time in chester... went to their amazing zoo, and spent our evenings in the ramada jarvis hotle.. with their pool, sauna, steam room, and spa.
    We have a few problems with buses so called a taxi instead.lol. But had such a good time im coming back with another mate of mine in september.

Love- sarah xx :flirt: xx