Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

low-calory alcoholic drinks

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
which alcoholic drinks are the ones with the lowest calories?? I know that alot of alcopops have huge numbers of calories, so im looking for something more healthy to drink (even though i dont drink much anyway).
thanx

Comments

• Options
    Apparently vodka and diet mixer is only about 190.
  • Options
    There's a beer called Low C.
  • Options
    Straight clean clear spirits like rum, gin or vodka are your best bet. If you cant drink it straight then with diet coke or similar. Least hangover too.
  • Options
    could just have vodka and diet coke. or malibu and diet lemonade.
    some alcopops have got low calorie/low sugar versions. i think theres a lemon bacardi breezer thats low sugar.
  • Options
    Malibu has got loads of suger in hasnt it?
  • Options
    i usually drink mailbu and coke, or alcopops wen im out. Will occasionally drink vodka and coke tho! thank you for the info, keep it coming..
  • Options
    I suppose the best way in terms of calories and only that would be to drink Everclear with something like diet coke. This is pure 99% vol grain alcohol, but its not really for drinking (though you can perfectly normally) and they never serve it in pubs.
  • Options
    dry white wine and soda is good.... makes a loonger drink, no cals in the soda and you dont have to drink as much to get drunk! magic.
  • Options
    Its going to be higher in calories than pure spirits though and wine can give you a stonking hangover.
  • Options
    Best thing to drink for a low cal diet is Vodka, Lime & soda.

Because with low cal drinks you tend to be able to taste the alcohol more and if you like a drink that is easy to drink this is the one for you!!! :thumb:
  • Options
    Best thing to drink for a low cal diet is Vodka, Lime & soda.

I asked for a rum version of that at a restaurant on holiday and they brought me the rum and some lime codial in a glass and then a bottle of soda water on the side.

Rum goes better with lime anyway.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Its going to be higher in calories than pure spirits though and wine can give you a stonking hangover.

depends how much you drink... wine has about 60-90 cals per glass for dry and soda has none. 4 or 5 glasses and i'm pretty drunk whereas with vodka (about 140 per couble) ends up costing me more cash and cals because i need about 6 or 7 doubles to get me tipsy. dpeneds on how it effects you i suppose.
  • Options
    But that doesnt make sense, that assumes that wine alcohol is nearly twice as effective as getting you drunk, which it clearly isnt.

Plus a 'glass of wine' in most pubs now is at least 2 units sometimes up to 4.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    But that doesnt make sense, that assumes that wine alcohol is nearly twice as effective as getting you drunk, which it clearly isnt.

Plus a 'glass of wine' in most pubs now is at least 2 units sometimes up to 4.

its very true though...i get awful drunk on wine...as i did yesterday but can drink vodka til it comes out of my ears and stay soda.
  • Options
    Vodka has the lowest calories.
  • Options
    I shouldn't be drinking at the moment but it's SO damn hard not to while all my mates are, it's like I'm missing out or something. I might drink Vodka... thing is when I drink I tend to drink quite a lot so drinking Vodka and Diet Coke probably wouldn't make much difference
  • Options
    i love beer but i hate the belly! so i'll be sticking to my wine n soda and maybe vodka blackcurrent and soda. :thumb: