Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Batman Begins

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I love batman, but I will not refuse the fact that the movies are all very cheesy. However I thought this movie was quite good.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Going to see it on Thursday when Em comes up. Cannae wait, it looks quality.
  • Options
    Great film...much darker than the others and really takes the story of batman to another level. Looking forward to the sequal!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Of all super-heroes I know, Batman was always the one I liked the least. But the trailer of this movie made it seem pretty philosophical, so I went to see it. Wasn't bad, really.
  • Options
    theres gonna be a sequal? that should be cool, i thought the movie end by giving way to the first batman movie, with the joker?
  • Options
    I went to see the film last week and I thought it was awful. Dunno if it was just me but the story seemed jumbled, the camera work was bad, most of the acting was really bad in particular Katie Holmes. Although I did think that Liam Neeson, Micheal Caine, Morgan Freemann and Gary Oldman were good in it.
  • Options
    I'm pretty confused. I got Lian Neeson and Gary Oldman's parts confused and thought they played the part the other one actually played. They look kinda similar I guess... pah!

Anyway, I thought it was pretty good.

Batman is a 'superhero' right? But what's his 'power'? Superman can fly and melt stuff, Spiderman can climb buildings and whatnot, but what does Batman do?
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote:
    I'm pretty confused. I got Lian Neeson and Gary Oldman's parts confused and thought they played the part the other one actually played. They look kinda similar I guess... pah!

Anyway, I thought it was pretty good.

Batman is a 'superhero' right? But what's his 'power'? Superman can fly and melt stuff, Spiderman can climb buildings and whatnot, but what does Batman do?

He doesn't have any powers. He uses fear and theatrics to become more than just a man to his enemies.

What would you be more intimidated by, a random bloke dressed as a bat, or Batman, who can fly, disappear and do a whole bunch of other shit? Supposedly, anyway :razz:
  • Options
    He doesn't have any powers. He uses fear and theatrics to become more than just a man to his enemies.

So really anyone with a bit of spare time on their hands could do that... :confused:
  • Options
    yup.. he has no special abilities, just gadgets, toys and good phyisical fitness,

From a college friend and a Batman comic fanatic

the reason batman begins is good is because it actually follows the comic were as the other films stick with the comic VERY losely and are a pile of dick,
  • Options
    Well, yeah. But I'd like to see just anyone with a bit of spare time afford the Batmobile and all his other fancy shit :p
  • Options
    Well, yeah. But I'd like to see just anyone with a bit of spare time afford the Batmobile and all his other fancy shit :p

That was one thing that disappointed me... they never called the car the 'Batmobile' once! I was waiting and waiting and they didn't say it once. Nor did they refer to the 'batcave'! :grump:
  • Options
    Pink_Angel wrote:
    Looking forward to the sequal!

You are taking the piss right?

The "sequel" was made ten years ago. That's the whole POINT of a prequel :banghead:
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

The "sequel" was made ten years ago. That's the whole POINT of a prequel :banghead:

actually there is a sequel being planned, Batman Begins will most likely create its own batman universe rather than being a prequel to the existing movies
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

I think the whole point of this film was to create a new darker version of the story of batman taking it back to its original comic book roots. I consider this film to be unrelated to the older less serious films previously made. And no I was not joking when I mentioned a sequal, the opening was specifically designed to create an opening for the joker and this will be the new film imo. You may disagree but I think this film was made not as a prequal to the original films but as a new interpretation of a comic book tale (a bit like reinterpretting a legend/myth) :yes:
  • Options
    Whatever you look at it, Batman Begins is the prequel in the sense of the Batman timeline to the original Batman. Whether or not they make a new film with the Joker or not, its a prequel.

I loved it.
  • Options
    Batman sucks

Tank Girl is the way to go :thumb: