Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Right Wing Italians propose castrating rapists

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    first of all, I think that falls under the guise of torture. Secondly, I would like the point out that many view rape as more of a crime of violence rather than a sexual one. Castration wouldn't solve the problem because the offender’s violent nature would probably manifest itself in another fashion.
    first of all, I think that falls under the guise of torture. Secondly, I would like the point out that many view rape as more of a crime of violence rather than a sexual one. Castration wouldn't solve the problem because the offender’s violent nature would probably manifest itself in another fashion.

It's about power in my opinion, the power the rapist has over his victim. Anyway, it's a bit of a stupid idea to castrate offenders for several reasons: a) people can be punished and repent etc. and go on to become productive members of society b) it is mutilation, kind of, which is barbaric to be honest c) it's not justice, it's revenge - there is a difference.
    It's about power in my opinion, the power the rapist has over his victim. Anyway, it's a bit of a stupid idea to castrate offenders for several reasons: a) people can be punished and repent etc. and go on to become productive members of society b) it is mutilation, kind of, which is barbaric to be honest c) it's not justice, it's revenge - there is a difference.

firstly its a chemical castration not a physical one, makes them unable to get an erection and orgasm basically

despite the fact this has huge risks, and the fact people should be allowed to be rehabiliated means im a bit :s france does this already by the way i think

for rapists especially they get off on the power, not much else
    i like the idea of this one;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4170963.stm

There's no need for rapes, as there is allways masturbation or in the case of sexual contact - Prostitution for those that cant pull for one reason or another.

At the mo, predatory paedo's are just incarcerated on wings within the penal system with like minded people (Rule 43) where they just swop information, stories etc etc which doesn't help rehabilitate them back into society. Not sure on Home Office stats, but the last time i heard (5 or so years ago) the figures of sucessfull rehabilitation were very, very small.

Surley, after two convictions for serious sex crimes committed against the community (DNA proved) then, chemical castration should be as a matter of fact, with perhaps the death penalty, for any further sex crimes committed.

That then, would take away their desire's and their urges's would it not?
    There's no need for rapes, as there is allways masturbation or in the case of sexual contact - Prostitution for those that cant pull for one reason or another.

Rape has very little to do with sex or sexual gratification, it's an act of violence.

Prostitutes can be raped too.
    firstly its a chemical castration not a physical one, makes them unable to get an erection and orgasm basically

despite the fact this has huge risks, and the fact people should be allowed to be rehabiliated means im a bit :s france does this already by the way i think

for rapists especially they get off on the power, not much else
    wikipedia wrote:
    Mutilation is an act or injury that degrades the appearance or function of the (human) body, usually without causing death. The term is usually used to describe the victims of accidents, torture, physical assault, or certain premodern forms of punishment. Acts of mutilation may include amputation, burning, flagellation, or wheeling. In some cases, the term may apply to treatment of dead bodies, such as soldiers mutilated after they have been killed by an enemy.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutilation

I think in this case it would still count as mutilation. I know that many sex offenders may never be rehabilitated but I don't believe any society should use this sort of treatment as punishment. If a child was always violent and would be violent for the rest of their life, you would still say that they should be dealt with in a humane manner (i.e. juvenile detention) rather than just getting a beating from their parents.
    It depends what they "castrate".

Castrate their heads and it's something I could support.
    we should focus more on the mental conditions of rapists and work from there rather, castrating someone is more of a reactionary "quick fix" solution, though practically it'll work...so not too sure on this one
    turlough wrote:
    though practically it'll work

IT won't.

The scum would just use a bottle or other implement instead. The basis of rape is power not sexual gratification.

Executing the cunts would solve the problem though.
    Kermit wrote:
    The scum would just use a bottle or other implement instead. The basis of rape is power not sexual gratification.

then that just serves more to my point that we should focus on the mental issues of rapists more than anything else, i know they're the lowest of the low, but we as humans, should have the mental capacity to re-habilitate ourselves, and for the victims, forgive to a degree, thats providing the accuser is totally repentant and has re-habilitated himself, and that all goes back to sorting out their mental issues...
    The only way a rapist's "mental issues" should be sorted out is by removing the offending part of the body.
    Kermit wrote:
    The only way a rapist's "mental issues" should be sorted out is by rmeoving the offending organ.

you must have very strong feelings about the issue then and i don't blame you, though being a bit pragmatic, i don't think cutting their dicks off is the best way to solve the problem
    turlough wrote:
    you must have very strong feelings about the issue then and i don't blame you, though being a bit pragmatic, i don't think cutting their dicks off is the best way to solve the problem
    Who mentioned their dicks?

If they have a problem in the head that makes them rape people, then remove the head. No more problems, no more rapist. Perfect.

I would suggest chopping their dicks off if I thought it would do any god, but it wouldn't. Rapists don't have to rape with a penis.
    yea keep 'em locked up
    I’m not convinced that chemical castration is an entirely acceptable or effective solution to this problem. Although even when rapists or paedophiles are ‘rehabilitated’ they still pose a danger to women and children. Too many supposedly rehabilitated rapists and paedophiles have re-offended. Therefore I think it’s perfectly reasonable to jail all convicted rapists and paedophiles for life without parole. Permanently jailing rapists/paedophiles would indisputably save many women/children from the trauma of rape/abuse.
    Kermit wrote:
    Rapists don't have to rape with a penis.

but then we've ALL "raped" someone at some stage in our lives, if what you're saying that rape is about power gratificaiton and not sexual...
    Kermit wrote:
    Who mentioned their dicks?

If they have a problem in the head that makes them rape people, then remove the head. No more problems, no more rapist. Perfect.

I would suggest chopping their dicks off if I thought it would do any god, but it wouldn't. Rapists don't have to rape with a penis.

also do you think that rapists are incapable of rehabilitation and also incapable of redemption?
    turlough wrote:
    but then we've ALL "raped" someone at some stage in our lives, if what you're saying that rape is about power gratificaiton and not sexual...

Eh? That makes no sense.

I've said before: I have no reason to doubt that some rapists can be safely rehabilitated. What I've said, and I stand by it, is that those vermin do not deserve the chance to be rehabilitated.

They destroy lives, they make people too scared to see themselves in the mirror, they make people kill themselves and suffer awful pain. Why the fuck should some dirty rapist cunt be allowed to ever get out of prison, why the fuck should some filthy rapist ever be allowed to see outside again, why should he be allowed to live when he destroys others' lives.

People very special to me have been raped. If I could get away with it I would kill them. I often joke "Oh, I'd kill him, he deserves ebola", whatever, but on this I am being deadly serious. If I could catch the rapist I am thinking of, and I could get away with it, I would hold a gun to his head and kill him. I would exterminate it like the filth it is. My only regret would be that that is the easy way out for animals like that. Rapists aren't people, and shouldn't be treated as such.
    Therefore I think it’s perfectly reasonable to jail all convicted rapists and paedophiles for life without parole.

but wouldn't that create a problem with prison crowding? I mean people do live a long time, and eventually it would have to start backlogging right?
    but wouldn't that create a problem with prison crowding? I mean people do live a long time, and eventually it would have to start backlogging right?
    Depends.

Fill the prisons with people who deserve to be there, and get the low-level crims in community or rehab sentences, and there'd be loads of room in prison.
    drunk post
    why not castrate chavs

Build more prisons. It would be expensive but as jailing all convicted rapists and paedophiles would almost certainly cut the number of rapes/abuses cost is irrelevant.
    MrG wrote:
    why not castrate chavs

...you're kidding of course...right?
    Build more prisons. It would be expensive but as jailing all convicted rapists and paedophiles would almost certainly cut the number of rapes/abuses cost is irrelevant.

I'm not so sure about that. It isn't the cost of building the prisons, it's the cost of paying for the inmates, the guards, the food, the upkeep, etc that gets expensive. And over a long time that could really add up.
    I actually thple getink it is a great idea but there is no way they could implement it or reinforce it as peo wrongly convicted of crimes on a regular basis...if a man was wrongly sentenced it was be a real tragedy!
    Pink_Angel wrote:
    I actually thple getink
    LMAO i mean...I actually think...
    Kermit wrote:
    Eh? That makes no sense.

I've said before: I have no reason to doubt that some rapists can be safely rehabilitated. What I've said, and I stand by it, is that those vermin do not deserve the chance to be rehabilitated.

They destroy lives, they make people too scared to see themselves in the mirror, they make people kill themselves and suffer awful pain. Why the fuck should some dirty rapist cunt be allowed to ever get out of prison, why the fuck should some filthy rapist ever be allowed to see outside again, why should he be allowed to live when he destroys others' lives.

People very special to me have been raped. If I could get away with it I would kill them. I often joke "Oh, I'd kill him, he deserves ebola", whatever, but on this I am being deadly serious. If I could catch the rapist I am thinking of, and I could get away with it, I would hold a gun to his head and kill him. I would exterminate it like the filth it is. My only regret would be that that is the easy way out for animals like that. Rapists aren't people, and shouldn't be treated as such.

I think you're failing to separate emotion from intellect...

Rape is something, often, which is difficult to prove...for obvious reasons.

What about a woman who changes her mind during sex, and the man can't stop until he's finished?

I can't understand the pyschology of a rapist, but you have to take into account aggravating factors, such as past history (abusive family perhaps, molestated as a child etc) etc to gain the full picture and seek to rehabilitate the offender if possible.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    "In understanding situations, always let your personal experiences help you but never let them lead you."